Retaking in October: Study Progress Log

Re: Retaking in October: Study Progress Log

Postby 005618502 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:53 pm

I dont want to seem like i am saying "your results are BS and your doing it wrong" because OP is doing awsome! looks like they are putting in a ton of work and really studying the tests and what went wrong/right. I think OP is going to do extremely better, i just wanted to say that i felt that proctoring it yourself, in my experience, provided skewed results. But maybe thats just me.

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:10 pm

jt1341 wrote:i just wanted to say that i felt that proctoring it yourself, in my experience, provided skewed results. But maybe thats just me.

That's fine. People (myself included obviously) will just jump on you if you say things like a 175 PT equals a 168 real score. Especially 2 weeks from the test, since it can mess with our heads lol. I get that that was your experience but I've taken the LSAT before and it was no different than the fluctuation in my scores when I did it as a timed PT. So everyone's different.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:11 pm

jt1341 wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:
jt1341 wrote:Are you guys doing these in testing situations? (a proctor administers the test?) Doing it on your own in your room/library will give you very skewed results (175 would realistically be a 168 or so on test day usually).

If you are (i know Kaplan will proctor a test whenever you want) then congrats! this is lookign great! you are going to kill this test. Keep workin hard till game day, it will definitely pay off.

This is retarded. Library and proctored room are the exact same shit as long as you time it correctly.

Whatever, have you taken the LSAT yet? was your score the same as your "library" self proctored PT's?

My score was right in the middle of my proctored tests (10 of them) and i was 7 points higher on average when in the library, and yes i would always make sure i timed it correctly.

You're a fucking retard. I said a proctored room = library. I didn't say real exam = practice tests.

Maybe this is why you scored 7 points lower on the real thing. You can't fucking read.

Postby 005618502 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:40 am

whymeohgodno wrote:
jt1341 wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:
jt1341 wrote:Are you guys doing these in testing situations? (a proctor administers the test?) Doing it on your own in your room/library will give you very skewed results (175 would realistically be a 168 or so on test day usually).

If you are (i know Kaplan will proctor a test whenever you want) then congrats! this is lookign great! you are going to kill this test. Keep workin hard till game day, it will definitely pay off.

This is retarded. Library and proctored room are the exact same shit as long as you time it correctly.

Whatever, have you taken the LSAT yet? was your score the same as your "library" self proctored PT's?

My score was right in the middle of my proctored tests (10 of them) and i was 7 points higher on average when in the library, and yes i would always make sure i timed it correctly.

You're a fucking retard. I said a proctored room = library. I didn't say real exam = practice tests.

Maybe this is why you scored 7 points lower on the real thing. You can't fucking read.

Oh man, if only we could all have the dream of going to Cornell.

Okay so what i said was that doing it in the library timing yourself is much different then doing it in a testing situation with a proctor and other test takers.

Be careful about who you call a retard, because as of right now i believe you still are not into a T14... and i am. Keep your opinions to yourself
Last edited by 005618502 on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby 005618502 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:42 am

JJDancer wrote:
jt1341 wrote:i just wanted to say that i felt that proctoring it yourself, in my experience, provided skewed results. But maybe thats just me.

That's fine. People (myself included obviously) will just jump on you if you say things like a 175 PT equals a 168 real score. Especially 2 weeks from the test, since it can mess with our heads lol. I get that that was your experience but I've taken the LSAT before and it was no different than the fluctuation in my scores when I did it as a timed PT. So everyone's different.

I am very glad you have had this experience. I think i just may let nerves get to me more then others when i am having a proctor give the exam. I understand what you mean about what i said being wrong this close to test day. Honestly i hope you go in there and kill that LSAT, if i read the post correctly (which i have been told i struggle with) you already have a very solid score. Best of luck!

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:27 pm

Wow. I just took PT 60 *which I actually took in June but cancelled because I got sick and ended up scoring a 176 today. NICE :)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”