nickbentley

PowerScore Full Length

Postby nickbentley » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:36 pm

To anybody who took the full length PowerScore class:

How many points did your score improve?

thechee

Re: PowerScore Full Length

Postby thechee » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:48 pm

I took the full-length course. Diag was either 151 or 153, can't remember. Ended up with a 170. That said, I think self-study helped much more than taking the course.

If you are going to take the class, do it, and then give yourself a month or more of time to study on your own.

thechee

Postby thechee » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:53 pm

Also, I took part of the course on the campus of a big state school in the Midwest, and the other part at an ivy league school. It became apparent that having smarter people in the class made the experience much more useful (much less time wasted on pointless questions). I don't mean to sound elitist, but the difference in classroom environment was huge between the two locations.

Of course, anyone can enroll, but where you are taking the class might have some bearing on the types of students in the class.

nickbentley

Postby nickbentley » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:54 pm

thechee wrote:I took the full-length course. Diag was either 151 or 153, can't remember. Ended up with a 170. That said, I think self-study helped much more than taking the course.

If you are going to take the class, do it, and then give yourself a month or more of time to study on your own.

I'm taking the full length starting on Thursday. I plan to do at least all of the HW given. I will hit a PT every third day.

I want to take the October LSAT while the course and hard work are fresh in my head. Good or bad idea?

nickbentley

Postby nickbentley » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:58 pm

thechee wrote:Also, I took part of the course on the campus of a big state school in the Midwest, and the other part at an ivy league school. It became apparent that having smarter people in the class made the experience much more useful (much less time wasted on pointless questions). I don't mean to sound elitist, but the difference in classroom environment was huge between the two locations.

Of course, anyone can enroll, but where you are taking the class might have some bearing on the types of students in the class.

I'm taking the course right outside of Arizona State Univ... No IVY League around here.

I definitely don't want any class dumbasses...

I diagnose at 151. I need a 165.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”