Do you do matrices for Logical Reasoning on the test?

spruce_moose

Do you do matrices for Logical Reasoning on the test?

Postby spruce_moose » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:11 pm

So I'm planning on writing the LSAT but I'm just as yet find out information on it. One thing I noticed was that all the question types seem "doable" to me and I understand the methodology behind them, except for some hard logical reasoning ones. I've seen on a couple of sites that those become clear when you make a matrix. But is that just to help newbies understand, or are you supposed to set up a matrix on the actual test for each question?

Also - I'm planning to write the test after my 3rd year (going into 2nd now) but I'm wondering if it couldn't hurt to write it after 2nd AND 3rd year to take the higher score. And - I've been looking into good prep material, and I think the stuff here https://os.lsac.org/Release/Shop/Publications.aspx is probably the best? And also something called "Powerscore Bibles" that I've seen talked about on different forums. Is there anything else I'm missing (I've read terrible reviews on Kaplan books). Actually one more question hehe - how long before the test should I start seriously studying? ie, making a daily/weekly schedule? 6 months?

sibley

Re: Do you do matrices for Logical Reasoning on the test?

Postby sibley » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:15 pm

Get the Logic Games Bible from Powerscore. It'll explain the charts. And you'll use them for the test.

The Gentleman

Postby The Gentleman » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:26 pm

Perhaps I should already know this, but what do mean by "making a matrix for a difficult LR question?" I have come across prep books that suggest creating a matrix to tackle logic games, but I can't imagine what use that would be on a LR question. Maybe your talking about logic games and not logical reasoning?

sibley

Postby sibley » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:29 pm

The Gentleman wrote:Perhaps I should already know this, but what do mean by "making a matrix for a difficult LR question?" I have come across prep books that suggest creating a matrix to tackle logic games, but I can't imagine what use that would be on a LR question.

I assumed that was what the poster meant. It's really kind of unnecessary for us to answer your questions, spruce. Get the powerscore books and read them - they'll explain everything you've asked (including study suggestions)

spruce_moose

Postby spruce_moose » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:07 pm

Yeah I guess I meant logic games. And thanks for the advice. I'll pick up the books.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:06 pm

Yes.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”