studying for October..

studying for October..

Postby pinkedelweiss » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:51 pm

I'm so glad I found this site! I've been studying since the beginning of June, started at a 147 on the first diagnostic without knowing anything about the test at the time I took it, and now I'm at around 151. I'm enrolled in a testmasters course but I've only gone to the classes- I haven't done any of the practice homeworks, for the lack of self discipline (and a full time job but that's besides the point). I've had a serious talk with myself about how I really need to study in order to improve my score, and now I'm ready for some serious practice, I hope it's not too late!
I just did two RC sections, since that is where I had the most trouble on my last diagnostic and I got -6 and -7 on them today. My goal is 160 or above, the higher it is the better (I haven't decided on where I want to go to school yet, I'm just going to apply to places based on what average scores they take and what I end up with on test day)
That probably sounds bad, and I should probably have a more clear goal but I just don't have any idea what's feasible and what isn't- the only thing I know for sure is I don't want to go to a school that isn't in the top 50.

Re: studying for October..

Postby supersonicgirl » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:43 pm

I'm preparing for the October exam too! I actually took the testmasters course last summer... realized i didn't have time to really prepare and put it off for a year. I've been back on the grind since this June and this time I've actually been doing the work from the books. It really does require a lot of self discipline! I study about 4 hours a day monday-friday. I've seen improvements though... so keep at it! You really do have to be honest with yourself and the amount of studying you've been putting in... if you don't see the results you want when test day comes around it may be better to reschedule for December. You can still send out your applications before that though. If you're aiming for top 50 you should probably be aiming for at least a 165.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”