Getting discouraged, can anyone give me some motivation?

acrossthelake

Re: Getting discouraged, can anyone give me some motivation?

Postby acrossthelake » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:04 pm

thecilent wrote:ITT: People pretend to have IRL friends. :lol:

:cry: But...but....if we go to the same law school, will we be IRL friends then???

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:11 pm

acrossthelake wrote:

:cry: But...but....if we go to the same law school, will we be IRL friends then???

We can be bffs and not invite cilent.

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:12 pm

acrossthelake wrote:

I'm actually an elaborate flame.. I don't really even plan on ls, so...

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:12 pm

Knockglock wrote:
acrossthelake wrote:

:roll:

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:16 pm

thecilent wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
acrossthelake wrote:

:roll:

Don't be angry, you had your chance.

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:16 pm

thecilent wrote:
acrossthelake wrote:

Lies. If you were a flame, you have wayyyy too much free time on your hands.

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:17 pm

acrossthelake wrote:
thecilent wrote:
acrossthelake wrote:

Lies. If you were a flame, you have wayyyy too much free time on your hands.

Well that usually is the case..

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:37 pm

thecilent wrote:

Should I troll your posts calling you a flame then?

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:44 pm

acrossthelake wrote:
thecilent wrote:

Should I troll your posts calling you a flame then?

Hey, do what you gotta do..

fosterp

Postby fosterp » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:06 pm

lawschool2014 wrote:
dub wrote:Man up.

+1 stop being a baby. If you are meant to score well, you will on test day. Otherwise you dont belong at a t14 and you will find something else with do with your life. Its just a test bro

I am not aiming for t14, I just need a 170 to make up for my crappy gpa to at least get into a top regional school, since all I have been reading about is how employment prospects are terrible if you don't at least get into top 50. The last thing I want to do is go to seattle u three blocks down the road when I know I was good enough to go to UW, but just needed to push harder on the lsat.

nStiver

Postby nStiver » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:23 pm

fosterp wrote:I am not aiming for t14, I just need a 170 to make up for my crappy gpa...

You and I are in the exact same boat then. Kind of makes you wish you had put more effort into those undergrad classes, doesn't it?

lawschool2014

Postby lawschool2014 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:40 pm

fosterp wrote:
lawschool2014 wrote:

+1 stop being a baby. If you are meant to score well, you will on test day. Otherwise you dont belong at a t14 and you will find something else with do with your life. Its just a test bro

I am not aiming for t14, I just need a 170 to make up for my crappy gpa to at least get into a top regional school, since all I have been reading about is how employment prospects are terrible if you don't at least get into top 50. The last thing I want to do is go to seattle u three blocks down the road when I know I was good enough to go to UW, but just needed to push harder on the lsat.

Employment prospects are terrible if you do not go into a top 14 (maybe top 20-25 is acceptable with $$$). Top 50, its better to gamble (Cardozo, American) etc. If you did not do that well in UG and cannot seem to break a 170 on the LSAT, maybe you lack the intellectual potential to attend a top law schools. Or maybe you are too stressed out of about succeeding, that you are losing your focus. Whatever it is, hope you work your issues out.

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:50 pm

lawschool2014 wrote:

Employment prospects are terrible if you do not go into a top 14 (maybe top 20-25 is acceptable with $$$). Top 50, its better to gamble (Cardozo, American) etc. If you did not do that well in UG and cannot seem to break a 170 on the LSAT, maybe you lack the intellectual potential to attend a top law schools. Or maybe you are too stressed out of about succeeding, that you are losing your focus. Whatever it is, hope you work your issues out.

So you're saying T14 or bust? Not sure about how this particular economy is doing, but I think UW for the Pacific Northwest isn't too bad since the only other people you're competing with that have better school prestige credentials would be T14grads coming home.

Anaconda

Postby Anaconda » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:51 pm

TLS elitism at its finest.

lawschool2014 wrote:
fosterp wrote:
lawschool2014 wrote:

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:59 pm

Anaconda wrote:TLS elitism at its finest.

Meh, he's not a TLS regular. You actually don't tend to find that attitude from the regulars too often.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:55 am

lawschool2014 wrote:
fosterp wrote:
lawschool2014 wrote:

If that's true, it's very sad. Of all of the professions that require a post-graduate degree, law is by far the easiest. I surely hope there are doctors out there who talk down to you on a regular basis. Then again, I'm sure most of them would have more class than displayed in your post above.

fosterp

Postby fosterp » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:29 am

lawschool2014 wrote:
fosterp wrote:
lawschool2014 wrote:

Again...not trying to get into a top school. 165 is about median for UW, and my problems with UG are mainly due to circumstances outside the classroom leaving me with a lot of W's and dropped classes in the middle of quarters, but since lsac counts that all as 0, I am left with a gpa that I feel is unrepresentative of my abilities. So I am pinning my hopes on scoring a 170+ not to get into a school with other 170 scorers, but only to get into a school where a 170 is above average to make up for the gpa. I just wanted some helpful advice or words of encouragement from anyone else that was able to improve their score from where I am at to where I want to be.

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:48 am

fosterp wrote:
Again...not trying to get into a top school. 165 is about median for UW, and my problems with UG are mainly due to circumstances outside the classroom leaving me with a lot of W's and dropped classes in the middle of quarters, but since lsac counts that all as 0, I am left with a gpa that I feel is unrepresentative of my abilities. So I am pinning my hopes on scoring a 170+ not to get into a school with other 170 scorers, but only to get into a school where a 170 is above average to make up for the gpa. I just wanted some helpful advice or words of encouragement from anyone else that was able to improve their score from where I am at to where I want to be.

UW's good in the region--and unlike some of the other often mentioned lower ranked, but still T50 schools(like Cardozo and American), has the luxury of actually not having any T14s in that particular region to compete with. UW's got a good rep-if you're from the region, you know that. :wink: Don't let that poster get to you. Just keep plugging at the LSAT and good luck.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”