prep

northwood

prep

Postby northwood » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:58 pm

I am currently taking a PR course that meets 2 days a week. The course ends in 2 weeks. I know that I have a tendency to slack off studying wise, and am thinking of taking another course to prevent this.( I am afraid I will get complaicent, and find reasons not to study) I konw Tm or PS has a course that starts soon and would end in time for the october test. My only concern would be that I would get confused with the terminology, and hurt my score. A tutor isnt an option, because I also work full time ( gotta love paying hte rent and loans), and moving back with the rents, is not an option) and dont get out of work until 6 or 7.

Should I do it? ( right now I am around 160, up from a diag of 145)

XtraordinaryMachine

Re: prep

Postby XtraordinaryMachine » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:46 pm

I understand the slacking off part since I'm def guilty of this myself =P

However, I'm not sure I would enroll in another practice course just to avoid this. It seems to me that your skill set seems very suitable for you to excel given your 15 point increase, therefore offsetting the perfect execution of these techniques with the time required in an additional class and the redundancy it involves is useless.

Hope This Helps!

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:45 am

northwood wrote: A tutor isnt an option, because I also work full time ( gotta love paying hte rent and loans), and moving back with the rents, is not an option) and dont get out of work until 6 or 7.

It is not possible to have a schedule such that a class is an option but a tutor is not.

I do think that Princeton Review terminology and approach is different enough from other people's that it would be confusing to try to switch. You could make use of the guarantee and retake the course at a reduced price with a different instructor and get a different take on the Princeton Review methods; that would at least be similar enough that it wouldn't screw you up.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:54 am

Readiness Guarantee from Princeton Review may be what the above post is referring to.

rklafehn

Postby rklafehn » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:15 am

I do not think you will get confused with the terminology. It will simply give you a fresh perspective.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”