What to do?

User avatar
The Gentleman
Posts: 670
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:25 am

What to do?

Postby The Gentleman » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:41 pm

.
Last edited by The Gentleman on Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jwaters
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: What to do?

Postby jwaters » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:54 pm

Your LSAT score will carry far more weight on your app that any work experience. I say stick with studying for a couple of more months, unless you just really need the money.

User avatar
lamentable
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:32 pm

Re: What to do?

Postby lamentable » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:46 pm

If you think you will have the focus and the drive to put in the necessary time to study and do the job, go for it. Having a job might keep you from slowly becoming insane. It could also give you a reason to slack off. However you think you'd respond to work (refreshing vs. taxing), act accordingly.

Good luck in your decision.

094320
Posts: 4431
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: What to do?

Postby 094320 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:51 pm

..

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: What to do?

Postby kazu » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:07 pm

How much do you need the $$? What kind of "great-looking" job is it - is it in the league of "White House intern" or something of that sort?

Personally I wouldn't take it if I were you. Keep in mind that a few points more on the LSAT can mean thousands in scholarship money once you apply - especially at that range, and with that GPA.

User avatar
The Gentleman
Posts: 670
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:25 am

Re: What to do?

Postby The Gentleman » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:57 pm

Thanks for the responses.

acrossthelake wrote:What was your diagnostic? How much have you improved since then? What's your goal-.


Cold diagnostic was 161. So with my PTs between 168-172 right now, I've seen about a 9 pt improvement and with 2 months left, I feel (and hope) there's still room for improvement.

I suppose my question was more focused on whether the added soft bonus of the job would outweigh the potential drop in LSAT score. (And no I would not put this on the level of White House intern.) But the consensus seems to be that I should take the job only if I don't think it will negatively affect my LSAT prep. (conditional statement alert!)

Premise: I do think it will negatively affect my LSAT prep. (contrapositive)

Therefore I should not take the job.

(sorry I can't help myself)

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: What to do?

Postby kazu » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:10 pm

Hahaha. I think you made the right decision :)
Good luck on your apps!




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 4 guests