My LSAT Study Progress & Spreadsheet

Anaconda

Re: My LSAT Study Progress & Spreadsheet

Postby Anaconda » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:22 pm

3|ink wrote:August 16, 2010

After hearing of PT 27 from eit and Anaconda, I had to try it myself. They weren't kidding. Those games were rough. LR was tough too, but I felt like I was concentrating better today than usual. I credit that to the fact that I've upped my daily calorie consumption. My score was still shy of what I was expecting. I thought I had a flawless RC section, but apparently that wasn't the case. I'll have to go over that tomorrow.

Anyway, got a raw score of 87 for a scaled score of 172. -16 curve? Woot!

Tomorrow is PT 26. Joy!!!

Out of curiosity, what was your breakdown? Snakes and Lizards scared the crap and I couldn't slap myself and make a concerted effort to tackle it. It's still a time-hogging beast though. How did you do on it?

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:27 pm

eit wrote:PT 27 is a nasty piece of work, although I actually got a pretty decent score on it. Snakes and lizards is just really hard to do without hypotheticals up the whazoo and you lose a lot of time on it.

I'm going to take PT 26 tomorrow as well. Solidarity, sister!

Thanks for the support. Yes. I found snakes to be very time consuming.

Anaconda wrote:
Out of curiosity, what was your breakdown? Snakes and Lizards scared the crap and I couldn't slap myself and make a concerted effort to tackle it. It's still a time-hogging beast though. How did you do on it?

I missed 1 on the first game (stupid-ass mistake), 1 on the snakes (#8 – it held me up for a bit), missed one on game three (# 13 - the list question ffs) and missed 3 on the last game because I had only 5 minutes and panicked.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:04 pm

August 17, 2010

PT 26 owned me today. I barely got away with a 170. LR kicked my butt. I thought I kicked it's butt harder. Thank god for a good RC performance.

LR 1 # 4:

Upset = Unhappy? Bull! However, I now see why D is wrong. I suppose we can't conclude the speaker's motive for the appeal, thus we can't say that it was 'to deflect'. That should have been my first clue.

LR 1 # 18: Wow. I totally deserved to miss this one. I completely dismissed an answer choice before reading it fully.
Last edited by 3|ink on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Gentleman

Postby The Gentleman » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:16 pm

Good stuff. Out of curiosity, what's the reasoning behind taking four full days off before Oct 9th? Most of the things I've come across recommend 1 or 2 days max. Don't mean to be confrontational. Just wonderin'

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:28 pm

The Gentleman wrote:Good stuff. Out of curiosity, what's the reasoning behind taking four full days off before Oct 9th? Most of the things I've come across recommend 1 or 2 days max. Don't mean to be confrontational. Just wonderin'

That's testmasters recommendation. I haven't decided if I'm going to accept it yet.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:04 pm

August 18, 2010

I don't know how I'm ever going to overcome these lapses in judgment. Sigh. Anyway, another 170 performance today with PT 25. RC -2, LR 1 -3, LR 2 -4, LG -3. Every last LG mistake was a stupid fluke. I understand the concepts of how to solve these games, but I get these momentary lapses that make me think backwards. Same problem occured in LR. However, # 14 in LR 2 is really annoying. I ruled out the correct answer choice (D) because I felt that 'our prosperity' doesn't necessarily mean 'enrichment of future generations'. Other than that, it was a perfect answer choice. I reluctantly picked A.

Screw it. I'm taking a break from PTs until my TM diagnostic on Saturday. I guess I'll practice games in the meantime.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:38 pm

August 19, 2010

I did the LG sections from PTs 19 & 29 today. The results were -2 & -1 respectively -- okay, but could have been better. Something about games has spooked the shit out of me. I can't perform consistently well on them these days. Oh well.

I was going to take tomorrow off, but I'm considering taking a PT. I'm obsessed with beating the LSAT now. I almost enjoy taking these PTs. I know. It's sick. I can't help myself. I may just buy the remaining PTs and do one a day until D Day. I'm really that obsessed.

My goal is a 180. Aiming for anything less than perfection is a waste.

arean.ryan

Postby arean.ryan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:36 pm

This is gonna be a really stupid question, but I'm not an avid excel user. I already downloaded your spreadsheet, how can I go about deleting all of your information and using this template to input my own data?

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:37 am

arean.ryan wrote:This is gonna be a really stupid question, but I'm not an avid excel user. I already downloaded your spreadsheet, how can I go about deleting all of your information and using this template to input my own data?

To delete, you can highlight multiple cells at once. When you have selected all of the cells you intend to delete, hit the delete button.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:55 pm

August 20, 2010

After long deliberation, I've decided to follow my schedule and not take a PT today. I have designated every Friday leading up to the exam as a day of rest. This is mostly because I plan to take a PT every Saturday morning and I want to be well rested.

I'm just going to spend the day reading parts of the LRB.

PS: I just ordered my third '10 LSATs' book (7-16). I've determined that I'll run out of material before test day without that book. As you can see, my schedule has holes that need filling.

fosterp

Postby fosterp » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:44 am

Don't know if this was already mentioned or you already knew, but at the bottom you made note of how lsac didn't release june 2007 preptest. That test is available free from lsac.org. They were nice enough to not actually publish it and make money on the side from unaware people.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:25 pm

August 21, 2010

Took PT 55 today. Got a 171. LR 1: -1, LR 2: 0, RC: -5, LG: -2

Fuck talk-story. That's all I have to say.

Okay, that's not all I have to say. It was so much easier to concentrate today. LR is so much easier when you're not doing it after a full day's work. However, RC was really fucking hard. Oh well.

Sh@keNb@ke

Postby Sh@keNb@ke » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:25 pm

3|ink wrote:August 21, 2010

Took PT 55 today. Got a 171. LR 1: -1, LR 2: 0, RC: -5, LG: -2

Fuck talk-story. That's all I have to say.

Okay, that's not all I have to say. It was so much easier to concentrate today. LR is so much easier when you're not doing it after a full day's work. However, RC was really fucking hard. Oh well.

That talk-story passage was SUPER difficult, you're not the only one don't worry.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:13 pm

It's going to be a rough week. I have to clean my apartment because I'm moving out in a month and my land lord wants it spotless this month so he can show it. I have to dog-sit. I have a surprise birthday party to attend on Friday evening and I probably have to get drunk and kill another 5th of Jameson on Saturday. I'll do my best to get two tests in this week.

I think I'm scheduled to take PT 24 tonight. I'm actually excited about taking PTs now. How sick is that shit?

yzero1

Postby yzero1 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:18 pm

3|ink wrote:It's going to be a rough week. I have to clean my apartment because I'm moving out in a month and my land lord wants it spotless this month so he can show it. I have to dog-sit. I have a surprise birthday party to attend on Friday evening and I probably have to get drunk and kill another 5th of Jameson on Saturday. I'll do my best to get two tests in this week.

I think I'm scheduled to take PT 24 tonight. I'm actually excited about taking PTs now. How sick is that shit?

lol typical LSAT masochism.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:22 pm

August 23, 2010

Took PT 24 tonight. Thought it was super easy.

LR 1: -2
LR 2: -2
RC: -1
LG: -0
Raw: 96
Scaled: 178

That's a new record for me. However, it comes after a streak of 170s and below. I'm not too excited just yet. The new increase may be attributed to the fact that this was an earlier test. However, this increase would correlate well with the fact that I took a snack during the 15 minute break. My performance on the last two sections usually slips, but it remained stead tonight.

It's going to be a rought week for me. I'm not sure I'll be able to get another PT in until Saturday. I'll probably just do 2-3 timed sections on Wednesday. I'm probably drinking on Friday, but I'm making a point to never study on Fridays. It's a matter of principle.

Anaconda

Postby Anaconda » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:27 pm

3|ink wrote:August 23, 2010

WTF happened on LR? :D

yzero1

Postby yzero1 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:44 pm

3|ink wrote:August 23, 2010

That's a new record for me. However, it comes after a streak of 170s and below. I'm not too excited just yet. The new increase may be attributed to the fact that this was an earlier test. However, this increase would correlate well with the fact that I took a snack during the 15 minute break. My performance on the last two sections usually slips, but it remained stead tonight.

It's going to be a rought week for me. I'm not sure I'll be able to get another PT in until Saturday. I'll probably just do 2-3 timed sections on Wednesday. I'm probably drinking on Friday, but I'm making a point to never study on Fridays. It's a matter of principle.

Solid score, man. Congrats :)

I should try that.. snacking during my breaks. I'm usually too eager to get started so I cut them short.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:49 pm

Anaconda wrote:WTF happened on LR? :D

I don't know. It was just all around easier to focus tonight. It may also be because I snacked before the test. Usually I take the test having eaten my last meal 5 hours before. I can literally hear my stomach moan by section 3. I didn't think it had a significant impact on my focus, but we'll see if this pattern continues.

yzero1 wrote:Solid score, man. Congrats :)

I should try that.. snacking during my breaks. I'm usually too eager to get started so I cut them short.

Thank you. It's worth a shot, but I can't guarantee that it made the difference tonight.

Anaconda

Postby Anaconda » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:21 pm

3|ink wrote:
Anaconda wrote:WTF happened on LR? :D

I don't know. It was just all around easier to focus tonight. It may also be because I snacked before the test. Usually I take the test having eaten my last meal 5 hours before. I can literally hear my stomach moan by section 3. I didn't think it had a significant impact on my focus, but we'll see if this pattern continues.

I hear you. It sucks being hungry when taking a PT, especially if you didn't eat anything in the morning. I made that mistake a few days ago and felt like crap at the end.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:53 pm

August 24, 2010

Taking a day off to clean my apartment. However, I took the time today to finalize my PT schedule. If everything goes according to plan, I should be able to fit another 20 PTs in before the real thing.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:28 am

You definitely have amazing scores! What a beautiful spreadsheet!

Audio Technica Guy

Postby Audio Technica Guy » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:51 pm

I've went through all my old files that I carried over from my computer and it seems my spreadsheet did not survive. If I get bored I might remake it, as I've thought about doing it for my students anyway.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:04 pm

August 25, 2010

[dead]My concentration[/dead]

I'm either too tired or too hungry tonight. I had the hardest time concentrating. I only did 2 of the 3 assigned RC sections and called it. -2 & -5. SSSSShhhhhhhhhhhhucks.

I'll have to get back on the horse tomorrow.

gdane

Postby gdane » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:07 pm

3|ink wrote:August 24, 2010

Taking a day off to clean my apartment. However, I took the time today to finalize my PT schedule. If everything goes according to plan, I should be able to fit another 20 PTs in before the real thing.

Only 20 before Oct. 9th? Ill be doing 24 beginning next Monday and ending Thursday Oct 7th. Should be fun!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”