Just Bombed my third PT - FML

itsfine

Re: Just Bombed my third PT - FML

Postby itsfine » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:07 pm

itsfine wrote:
gdane5 wrote:
itsfine wrote:Yeah man, its a dog fight studying for that lsat. Last prep test, he landed a jab, you cant start crying now, get back in there and start swinging. dont panic, stick to your game plan.

Terrible analogy overall. Just terrible...

lolzzlolzzz

but seriously, what i meant by that was that you will have your ups and downs, and you gotta stick with it. dont let a bad pt mess up you up, especially when you still have lots of time. when i was studying i would have to fight from getting discouraged over a bad grade, you need to remember that your scores from test to test arent as important as your scores from month to month, you are looking to get better at the lsat ON AVERAGE, not so much for every test...perfectly progressing score-wise simply wont happen for many people...stick to it. if you knew what i meant from my first post, sorry, some people obviously didnt. its a dog fight, meaning its rough, stick to it. youll be fine, hard work pays off.

sorry for lack of punctuation and capitalization, one handed this one.

better cookie?

kazu

Postby kazu » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:12 pm

RELAX. I don't think anyone, while studying for the LSATs, has ever seen constant increase in their PT scores. Sometimes they'll go up and other times they'll go down. In addition, before PT 35~40 or so I honestly don't think it's worth it to pay too much attention to your score - the curve as well as the questions themselves are very different, and the numerical score that you get most likely does not reflect what you would actually get if you took the test tomorrow.

Take a deep breath. It's not the end of the world. And please, take a few days off to clear your head because based on this as well as your other posts I really do think you're experiencing burnout.

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:25 pm

acrossthelake wrote:
TommyK wrote:This thread is becoming disturbingly supportive.

Variation just isn't worth freaking out about. 158 after a 161 is within a normal variation range. The worrying thing is the lack of improvement after the bibles, in which case all one can do is keep going and make sure to really review each question, etc. I'm really guessing here since I didn't do any of those things, but it's sensible advice. Freaking out never helps though, that much I do know.

Oh, I know... but It's not exactly TLS's MO to have so many warm and fuzzy posts uninterrupted by a troll telling the OP to give up on law school and go work at The GAP.

Makes me uncertain that this is reality. TLS is like that top from Inception for me - the one thing that is supposed to be constant and now... it keeps spinning.

BigA

Postby BigA » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:32 pm

gdane5 wrote:
itsfine wrote:Yeah man, its a dog fight studying for that lsat. Last prep test, he landed a jab, you cant start crying now, get back in there and start swinging. dont panic, stick to your game plan.

Terrible analogy overall. Just terrible...

It's like playing poker. You can't get too worked up about one bad session. Some days the cards just don't fall right. Now if you start losing consistently, that's a problem.

Anaconda

Postby Anaconda » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:50 pm

Thanks for the support guys.

After taking the PT, I redid the first two sections untimed (LR1 and RC) and got -6 and -7. Not too great, but -13 for two sections is a hell of a lot better than a -20! I made a lot of stupid mistakes on easy questions in LR, pretty much eliminating them in my untimed retake. In fact 4 out of the 6 questions I missed in LR were 4 star questions (only got 1/5) so that's definitely an area of concern.

I'm going to do LG and LR2 sections tomorrow, then take Wednesday off. I think I am burned out at this point as Kazu pointed out, and it would probably be beneficial to give myself a break and let my brain recuperate. I want to take another PT on Friday or Saturday and see if a little rest makes a difference.

Btw, I originally thought I got a 156, but didn't realize it was based on 101 questions, so I got a 157. The difference between a 156 and 157 is psychologically substantial, it's like the difference between a D and D+ 8)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”