Postby echooo23 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:49 pm

Last edited by echooo23 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Tips for timing?

Postby volfan6415 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:51 pm

Get in the habit of using an analog watch and then "resetting" it to 12:01 at the start of each section(this will give you a one minute cushion at the end of each section)....then you know when five minuets are left and you don't have to do any "math" during the test to figure out how much time is left

Postby 3|ink » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:59 pm

Use this:

It's a flash LSAT timer program.

On a side note, I sent a suggestion to Testmasters to make one of these available on their website. It's really hard timing yourself on practice tests because you have to worry about going over time. You're forced to keep looking at the timer to see where you are. This program calls "5 minutes" and "Pencils down" for you. This one is kind of buggy, but it gets the job done.

I think that if one of the Test prep companies made a competent version of a program like this and made it available to everyone, it would be a great advertising scheme.

Postby kazu » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:32 am

Definitely get used to using an analog watch, preferably the exact same one you will use on test day. I bought one with a large face & clear numbers & kept it on me all the time so I was completely used to the watch.

Also, I found setting it to 11:25 was easier for me in terms of measuring 35 minutes.

Postby shane0515 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:15 pm

When you take the actual test you will not be able to see where you're at on time using a digital watch. Your sections will start and stop at different times and on the actual test you will tend to lose track of how many minutes you have left. So just look at an analog clock to track where you are. That way on the actual exam you will have praticed as close as you could for the real exam

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”