Use the LRB
67%
Just use sections from PT's
33%

Total votes: 6

BeachedBrit

RC Bible: Worth it

Postby BeachedBrit » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:55 pm

For each of the 2 RC sections that I have done I scored -4 with at least 5 minutes to spare. I already have the RC bible but haven't opened it yet, is it worth bothering with or should I just do some more RC sections and look to improve that way? In case it matters I pretty much have LR and LG down so this is my last weak spot.

Pearalegal

Re: RC Bible: Worth it

Postby Pearalegal » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:56 pm

Why don't you read through it and let us know.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:56 pm

BeachedBrit wrote:For each of the 2 RC sections that I have done I scored -4 with at least 5 minutes to spare. I already have the RC bible but haven't opened it yet, is it worth bothering with or should I just do some more RC sections and look to improve that way? In case it matters I pretty much have LR and LG down so this is my last weak spot.

interested in this too. RC is worst section.

DrackedaryMaster

Postby DrackedaryMaster » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:20 pm

the VIEWSTAMP method is from the RCB is pretty good. RC is usually the one section I can finish under 35 minutes in, missing no more than -2/3 (which is good because I need a good RC to offset the erratic swings of the LRs). I noticed that when I mentally keep these items in mind, it helps me get through passages that would normally seem dense (especially the science ones). I would read the RCB for the methods, but use the PTs to practice.

Anaconda

Postby Anaconda » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:05 pm

I'm reading it now, and it seems pretty good. I think it's great if you're struggling but won't help you out much if you're already decent (-4 or lower) on RC.

I'm looking forward to testing out their notation method, I think it's pretty solid.

jmaan

Postby jmaan » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:09 pm

i improved my RC by approximately 15-20% when i quit using VIEWSTAMP (the method from the book) and started just reading the passage once though then referring back as i do the questions...i didnt even mark the passage. I personally think this is the best way.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”