Regressing in Logic Games?

Anaconda

Regressing in Logic Games?

Postby Anaconda » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:34 pm

About a month an half ago I was doing great with games, getting about 90% accuracy and finishing games in an average of 8-9 minutes.

The past month, I've done about 2 games per day, however in the last month I've noticed accuracy go down and time go up. Simple linear games that would usually take me 6-7 minutes with 100% accuracy are taking me 8-10 minutes with 60-90% accuracy, and hard games are taking me over 10 minutes with unpleasing results.

Anyone have tips on how to make a comeback? It seems that I'm getting worse every day, have no idea what the cause is.

Knock

Re: Regressing in Logic Games?

Postby Knock » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:45 pm

Anaconda wrote:About a month an half ago I was doing great with games, getting about 90% accuracy and finishing games in an average of 8-9 minutes.

The past month, I've done about 2 games per day, however in the last month I've noticed accuracy go down and time go up. Simple linear games that would usually take me 6-7 minutes with 100% accuracy are taking me 8-10 minutes with 60-90% accuracy, and hard games are taking me over 10 minutes with unpleasing results.

Anyone have tips on how to make a comeback? It seems that I'm getting worse every day, have no idea what the cause is.

Take a break of a few days, allow your mind to rest and process what you've learned. Remember progression isn't always linear; a fact that definitely caused me a lot of frustration.

Anaconda

Postby Anaconda » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:46 pm

It's just so confusing why it's taking me longer to complete the games, I just did a tricky game and got 5/5 but it took me 11 minutes. :(

Knock

Postby Knock » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:48 pm

Anaconda wrote:It's just so confusing why it's taking me longer to complete the games, I just did a tricky game and got 5/5 but it took me 11 minutes. :(

That's great. Honestly, you don't need to be able to do every game in <8min 45 seconds. You need to be able to do any 4 games in <35 minutes. There's a big difference. Games vary considerably in their difficulty, and the time they take to complete.

northwood

Postby northwood » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:58 pm

i wouldnt worry about timing right now. Keep the accuracy up!.I noticed that when i did a prep test today i did a basic linear game in 12 minutes, a grouping game in 8, and another game in 10, and had 5 minutes left to get half of a 4th game ( which i labeled as very difficult) done. The point is that on the test some games will take longer to diagram ( a lot of clues, or elements) and others wont be. Other games have easier question types ( a lot of specific- which makes the game go easier). I noticed that if the game has a lot of specific questions, then there wont be a lot of deductions that you can do before attacking the questions.

Keep up the good work, you're doing just fine

Anaconda

Postby Anaconda » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:28 pm

Well just did the infamous Swahili, Rundi, Yoruba, Tigrinya grouping game (PT 28 Game 3) and although it took me 13 minutes I got 7/7 right by brute forcing my way through it (I don't know how the heck that happened - I pretty much freaked out after I read the rules but by skipping around I was able to discover the inferences I wasn't able to originally make, which saved me).

Looking at the other LGs in PT 28 it seems like they were a lot easier (2 sequencing and one much easier matching game) so maybe I am looking too much into time.

However, I don't mind spending a long time on the HARDEST game, it's spending 10-12 minutes on simple ordering games that are all 1-2 star questions that has me really worried. If I could breeze through the easy games, spending a while on the tough ones won't be a problem.

kazu

Postby kazu » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:34 pm

Knockglock wrote:Take a break of a few days, allow your mind to rest and process what you've learned. Remember progression isn't always linear; a fact that definitely caused me a lot of frustration.

+1. It could be your over-anxiety that's causing this, in addition to maybe being burned out. Try taking a couple of days off. I promise a couple days off won't hurt your eventual LSAT score, and chances are it'll help :)

Anaconda

Postby Anaconda » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:03 pm

kazu wrote:
Knockglock wrote:Take a break of a few days, allow your mind to rest and process what you've learned. Remember progression isn't always linear; a fact that definitely caused me a lot of frustration.

+1. It could be your over-anxiety that's causing this, in addition to maybe being burned out. Try taking a couple of days off. I promise a couple days off won't hurt your eventual LSAT score, and chances are it'll help :)

Ha! I'm actually going to take a PT tomorrow, and take a nice day off whenever I finish reviewing the answers.

I noticed that a lot of my LG errors were stupid mistakes, and I did a few more tonight and did a bit better on them even though they were harder problems, so I have some of my mojo back.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:56 pm

Definitely anxiety. Switch to RC and LR for a week.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”