PT time

Anaconda

PT time

Postby Anaconda » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:38 pm

Would it be "ok" to give myself 38 minutes for each PT and shave off 20 seconds for each subsequent one? (So by the 9th, I'm at 35 min). Or should I do a strict 35 minutes and take note of the questions I wasn't able to get to?

Any other suggestions?

nStiver

Re: PT time

Postby nStiver » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:00 pm

Would it be "ok" to give myself 38 minutes for each PT and shave off 20 seconds for each subsequent one? (So by the 9th, I'm at 35 min)

Or should I do a strict 35 minutes and take note of the questions I wasn't able to get to?

I am not an expert in the matter, but I would just do the 35 minute sections and then review the entire section upon completion. Giving yourself 38 minutes might make you soft and complacent on test day.

Sh@keNb@ke

Postby Sh@keNb@ke » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:16 pm

If you're closer to the beginning part of your prep I say give yourself 38 minutes and slowly shave time off. It's pointless to give yourself 35 minutes if you're not going to be getting to all the questions; you're essentially wasting valuable material.

NonTradHealthLaw

Postby NonTradHealthLaw » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:24 pm

One of my favorite pt methods is to take e the test strictly timed once then take the same test again untimed. Can't remember who to credit with this idea, but it's a great way to get double use out of the tests...especially if you don't grade until finished with both methods.

HOV

Postby HOV » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:42 pm

Sh@keNb@ke wrote:If you're closer to the beginning part of your prep I say give yourself 38 minutes and slowly shave time off. It's pointless to give yourself 35 minutes if you're not going to be getting to all the questions; you're essentially wasting valuable material.

that's assuming you don't eventually do the questions you weren't able to get to. i like the strict 35 minutes. this way when you review the test, you'll notice certain patterns emerge with regards to the types of questions that are holding you up. it might be frustrating in the beginning (depending on how much of the test you're able to finish) but it's a great way to zero in your weak links. once you see those patterns, focus on those types of questions. go back and reread the respective bible sections, drill those types of questions from past or already completed exams and hone your abilities.

just my two cents.

northwood

Postby northwood » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:33 pm

try to create testing conditions. Do the tests with a strict 35 minute mark. Pick a letter and use it for the questions you dont get to. When you go to grade the test, mark the questions you didnt do, but did a letter of the day. That way you still can use the questions later, but you will get a good idea of how you would have done on the actual test.

Anaconda

Postby Anaconda » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:35 pm

Think I'll go with a strict 35 for my next PT, thanks for the input.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”