Hardest LG Section

rklafehn
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 6:59 pm

Hardest LG Section

Postby rklafehn » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:51 pm

If you want to test your overall LG abilities, I highly recommend October 1999 PT. If you can finish this test's LG within the 35 minutes and not get a single question wrong, I do not think you will have any difficulty getting 100% on any other LG section from any test!

User avatar
AverageTutoring
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: Hardest LG Section

Postby AverageTutoring » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:58 pm

rklafehn wrote:If you want to test your overall LG abilities, I highly recommend October 1999 PT. If you can finish this test's LG within the 35 minutes and not get a single question wrong, I do not think you will have any difficulty getting 100% on any other LG section from any test!


Was there a particular game in PT 29 that gave you trouble? I found with this test that if you spent a little more time in up front deductions you would be good to go. If there's any particular setup you need explained, just ask.

User avatar
Anaconda
Posts: 610
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Hardest LG Section

Postby Anaconda » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:00 pm

LG's from PT 33 are also brutal

HOV
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 3:31 pm

Re: Hardest LG Section

Postby HOV » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:31 pm

AverageTutoring wrote: I found with this test that if you spent a little more time in up front deductions you would be good to go.


+1

yes, i found this to be true as well. if i recall correctly, there were some limited options that were particularly useful for this LG section.

rklafehn
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 6:59 pm

Re: Hardest LG Section

Postby rklafehn » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:49 pm

Thanks for the offered help, but I did ace this LG.

It was that it took me the full amount of time and felt more difficult than the rest of the LGs (most LGs I get -0 or -1 and finish with at least five minutes left). There was, to me, no real give-away game as there are on so many LGs.

Simply wanted to start the thread to inform those people who are trying to gauge their relative LG abilities that I thought this was a LG to do it against (if you are going for perfection).

rklafehn
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 6:59 pm

Re: Hardest LG Section

Postby rklafehn » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:52 pm

I could of had a bad day or be saying it was the hardest because I gave myself very limited workspace.

I don't know.

User avatar
Anaconda
Posts: 610
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Hardest LG Section

Postby Anaconda » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:01 pm

rklafehn wrote:I could of had a bad day or be saying it was the hardest because I gave myself very limited workspace.

I don't know.


The games on this one were really, really hard, don't lose sleep.

Hedwig
Posts: 835
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:56 am

Re: Hardest LG Section

Postby Hedwig » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:07 am

rklafehn wrote:I could of had a bad day or be saying it was the hardest because I gave myself very limited workspace.

I don't know.


Could've. Please.

And I thought this thread was going to be voting for hardest LG sections, and I was going to rant and rave about the effing radar detection zones. I did that one twice and got questions wrong both times, that is talent. I cannot think spatially.

LSU Undergrad
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:13 am

Re: Hardest LG Section

Postby LSU Undergrad » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:50 pm

I've found others more difficult than that one... Sometimes I just feel in a zone, others my concentration isn't at its peak. This seems to influence my results more than the actual difficulty.

drake
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:50 pm

Re: Hardest LG Section

Postby drake » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:21 am

eit, are you referring to the mapping game? about some planes flying at noon or something

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Hardest LG Section

Postby 3|ink » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:42 am

drake wrote:eit, are you referring to the mapping game? about some planes flying at noon or something


Noon? I thought she was talking about the one with zones R, S, T and U with U inside R and T.

I personally loved that game. The game that got me was the one about the subway lines. I missed 1-2 answers on it.

Hedwig
Posts: 835
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:56 am

Re: Hardest LG Section

Postby Hedwig » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:29 am

3|ink wrote:
drake wrote:eit, are you referring to the mapping game? about some planes flying at noon or something


Noon? I thought she was talking about the one with zones R, S, T and U with U inside R and T.

I personally loved that game. The game that got me was the one about the subway lines. I missed 1-2 answers on it.


Yeah, I think that's the one. The planes are flying at noon in zones RSTU. J is in S. Haha.

I also hated the subway lines! For some reason I just couldn't see the obvious points and misread a line in the instructions as well to result in a very dismal game there.

User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: Hardest LG Section

Postby ArchRoark » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:43 am

3|ink wrote:
drake wrote:eit, are you referring to the mapping game? about some planes flying at noon or something


Noon? I thought she was talking about the one with zones R, S, T and U with U inside R and T.

I personally loved that game. The game that got me was the one about the subway lines. I missed 1-2 answers on it.

Wow i hated that one... I am glad mapping is a rather "rare" game type.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], jagerbom79, PresidentIJohnson and 8 guests