LSAT tutors

bjn31089

LSAT tutors

Postby bjn31089 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:23 pm

I'm looking to get a tutor and was wondering which company provides the best tutors.

bleu

Re: LSAT tutors

Postby bleu » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:24 pm

lg lr bibles

sundance95

Postby sundance95 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:25 pm

TestMasters.

Precessional

Postby Precessional » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:30 pm

Rather than waiting for the answer to come to you, you can go to the answer:
search.php

But more earnestly, the answer would depend where you are and the personnel employed by the local test prep companies. Test Prep Company X, for instance, may have A++ tutors in their West L.A. branch but only a so-so crop of tutors in random-college town in the Midwest.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:07 pm

The best tutors that I have identified both work for Princeton Review. I think that your question really concerns one of quality control in which case Princeton Review & TestMasters seem to come out on top. Princeton Review can be quite expensive, however, charging from $150 to $195 an hour for a 24 hour package. TestMasters is less, at least where I researched, and did not require the same type of committment in terms of a minimum number of hours.
There are tutors on Craigslist that often charge much less that can run the gamut from great to poor.
If you are using the PowerScore Bibles as your preferred study guides, then using a PowerScore tutor might a wise choice since they should be familiar with the methodology & terminology.

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:06 pm

Could get better answers if you gave location. If you're in the SF Bay Area, ME! :P

Audio Technica Guy

Postby Audio Technica Guy » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:52 am

Princeton review shouldn't have a minimum number of required hours, but if you go below a certain threshold, they don't give moneyback guarantees.

CanadianWolf wrote:The best tutors that I have identified both work for Princeton Review. I think that your question really concerns one of quality control in which case Princeton Review & TestMasters seem to come out on top. Princeton Review can be quite expensive, however, charging from $150 to $195 an hour for a 24 hour package. TestMasters is less, at least where I researched, and did not require the same type of committment in terms of a minimum number of hours.
There are tutors on Craigslist that often charge much less that can run the gamut from great to poor.
If you are using the PowerScore Bibles as your preferred study guides, then using a PowerScore tutor might a wise choice since they should be familiar with the methodology & terminology.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”