PT#20 Sec#3 LG's Questions #19-24 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ChiCubs14

Bronze

PT#20 Sec#3 LG's Questions #19-24

Post by ChiCubs14 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:44 pm

I'm having trouble with this game...I feel like my diagram is to complicated..

This games is there are six songs at a concert: O,P,T,X,Y,Z

Three vocalists: George, Helen, and Leslie

Can anyone show me a good diagram?

AverageTutoring

Bronze

Re: PT#20 Sec#3 LG's Questions #19-24

Post by AverageTutoring » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:42 am

ChiCubs14 wrote:I'm having trouble with this game...I feel like my diagram is to complicated..

This games is there are six songs at a concert: O,P,T,X,Y,Z

Three vocalists: George, Helen, and Leslie

Can anyone show me a good diagram?
Our diagram needs to convey 3 pieces of information to us: first, what are the time slots (1-6), second, what song goes in that time slot, and third, who sings the song. There are a few approaches but a chart works well here.

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:59 am

Maybe the original post was modified, but based on the info immediately provided I don't think it is possible to give a reasonable diagramming suggestion. There aren't enough of the rules given to know how to approach the game IMO. On the other hand, I don't think posting the entire game scenario and rules on here is allowed (I would think 'reasonable use' applies, but LSAC seems to have a pretty tight hold on how any LSAT materials are used- go figure since it's a bunch of lawyers :lol: ).

If the second poster's suggestion is accurate/sufficient I think it is likely that the diagram was based on review of the actual game apart from what was posted here. Otherwise, it would seem to involve a lot of speculation about what the game is actually asking you to do with the info you provided.

Could definitely be wrong- games was my weakest section. Still interested in them though, and I do think with the info immediately provided it's hard to suggest the best approach to diagramming this game (even though with more info I would probably not be the ideal person to do this). Anyway, good luck with the test.

AverageTutoring

Bronze

Post by AverageTutoring » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:07 am

Lawquacious wrote:Maybe the original post was modified, but based on the info immediately provided I don't think it is possible to give a reasonable diagramming suggestion. There aren't enough of the rules given to know how to approach the game IMO. On the other hand, I don't think posting the entire game scenario and rules on here is allowed (I would think 'reasonable use' applies, but LSAC seems to have a pretty tight hold on how any LSAT materials are used- go figure since it's a bunch of lawyers :lol: ).

If the second poster's suggestion is accurate/sufficient I think it is likely that the diagram was based on review of the actual game apart from what was posted here. Otherwise, it would seem to involve a lot of speculation about what the game is actually asking you to do with the info you provided.

Could definitely be wrong- games was my weakest section. Still interested in them though, and I do think with the info immediately provided it's hard to suggest the best approach to diagramming this game (even though with more info I would probably not be the ideal person to do this). Anyway, good luck with the test.
The OP referenced the PT and Game number so that we could view the PDF copy and make a diagram accordingly. This way no rules are broken :P

ChiCubs14

Bronze

Post by ChiCubs14 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:35 am

Yes, I only wanted to post the general idea of the game so that people would no what I'm talking about enough to be able to look at it for themself...

Thank you for the help...I will try that diagram when I get home...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”