LSAT - Diagnostic - When should this be done?

nickbentley

LSAT - Diagnostic - When should this be done?

Postby nickbentley » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:42 pm

Hi All,

I'm new to the board here, but I have been lurking for some time.

I've planned to take the LSAT in December. I took my first timed diagnostic today and scored a 160. I have a few questions because of this...

I graduate in December of 2011. My 2011 schedule is looking to be pretty crazy, so I've decided to take the LSAT a little bit early.

I expected to score at about 150...

With a score of 160 on the diagnostic, if I were to take PowerScore's full length course from August 12 then took the October LSAT, do I have a pretty good chance at hitting 170?

Would it be better to learn the study concepts from PowerScore then study until the December LSAT? or should I take the test right after the course..?

I know it has been beaten to death, but with the information I've given, would you recommend PowerScore or Testmasters (or another class that is offered in Phoenix)?

Thank you!

cinefile 17

Re: LSAT - Diagnostic - When should this be done?

Postby cinefile 17 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:49 pm

I think you should aim to take in in October, then if you're not ready, wait until December. I'd say Powerscore and Testmasters are about even. I took Testmasters and I loved it.

nickbentley

Postby nickbentley » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:56 pm

cinefile 17 wrote:I think you should aim to take in in October, then if you're not ready, wait until December. I'd say Powerscore and Testmasters are about even. I took Testmasters and I loved it.

Thanks for the reply. So aiming to take it in October wouldn't be considered "jumping the gun"?

I'm seeing people on here who are going to take the October and they have been preparing since April...

is a 10 - 12 point difference reasonable from right now until October with a full-length class?

cinefile 17

Postby cinefile 17 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:02 pm

I think it's very reasonable. Either way, you wont know if you don't try. If you're not 100% ready by October then you can wait till December (no harm, no foul). Anyways, aiming to take the October test will give you December as a backup option if god forbid something happens on test day that causes you to score lower than you go in expecting and you need to retake.

hv1

Postby hv1 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:39 pm

Take one 6 months before test date. That way you know how much studying well in advance must be done.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”