free LSAT online practice @ Grockit Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
gilchristh

Bronze

free LSAT online practice @ Grockit

Post by gilchristh » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Hey LSAT studiers--

Here's the deal: I'm involved with this educational technology startup called Grockit and we've launched the beginnings of our LSAT offerings. The full gamut of options aren't yet available, but right now you can setup an account for free, play in group games together for free, and sign up for any free lessons that are offered. Explanations aren't yet available and the full course isn't yet available for enrollment (both are coming soon), but if you want topical practice with real LSAT content (everything we use is licensed LSAT material), feel free to swing by: http://www.grockit.com/LSAT

Note: with a free account, you're limited in the number of questions you can approach... but in solo practice, you can customize the type of questions you want to practice and the difficulty level. [Note: you might also be able to accomplish this for free by asking an instructor to setup a targeted game or lesson... hint, hint.] We also have a limited number of LSAT tests currently in the system, but we're adding more (ultimately, all of them) as more people start playing in Grockit.

Basically, Grockit is an online social network built around a peer-to-peer game (think World of Warcraft for the test prep set, roughly). In a Grockit LSAT "game" you'll approach individual LSAT questions simultaneously with other students (and, perhaps, an instructor). There's a chat pane on the right side of your browser window that allows you to discuss each question with other participants. Earn XP by getting questions correct; earn GP ("Grockit points") by being helpful to other game participants. Share skill tips, study strategies, etc. You can also send requests to study partners, rate instructors, and leave testimonials. If you're an LSAT whiz and you have friends who are still studying for the test, setup accounts with them so you can help 'em out (and who knows, maybe we'll offer you a job)!

P.S.--I got permission from Ken to post this first, and I'm not trying to sell anything--I just want people to come use Grockit for free. I'd/we'd love to hear your feedback, too.

Anaconda

Silver

Re: free LSAT online practice @ Grockit

Post by Anaconda » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:03 pm

This seems really interesting. Anyone sign up?

dcs24

New

Post by dcs24 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:54 pm

Seems interesting, I signed up.

May I ask how you're involved? What is your role? I'm a web & graphic designer/developer, and I really like this idea. Also, you need a new logo 8)

gilchristh

Bronze

Post by gilchristh » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:50 pm

Hahahaha.. thanks, I'll pass the suggestion along. I was actually a founding member of the startup a few years before I decided to go back to school (was the Director of Academics). I'm now an academic "contractor"--I play/teach in games, work on content & curriculum, etc. It's a mad dash right now to get everything up! Just so everyone knows, there are a lot more features that'll be up in a couple of days (explanations, for one). In the meantime, feel free to jump into some free games and play to your heart's content!

nStiver

Bronze

Post by nStiver » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:58 pm

Wow, its like a RPG for the LSAT. Im in nerd heaven!!! :P

Anaconda

Silver

Post by Anaconda » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:14 am

Any other reviews? This looks really promising.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”