Requesting to take LSAT 4th time

roballen

Requesting to take LSAT 4th time

Postby roballen » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:13 pm

I know you are only allowed to take the LSAT 3 times within I believe a 2-3 year period, but have heard that if a school asks LSAC on your behalf to take the LSAT again, they will grant you premission. Is this usually a difficult process with LSAC or are they pretty easy going with allowing you take it again as long as the school backs you?

3|ink

Re: Requesting to take LSAT 4th time

Postby 3|ink » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:14 pm

roballen wrote:I know you are only allowed to take the LSAT 3 times within I believe a 2-3 year period, but have heard that if a school asks LSAC on your behalf to take the LSAT again, they will grant you premission. Is this usually a difficult process with LSAC or are they pretty easy going with allowing you take it again as long as the school backs you?

I've heard of people doing it without problems.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:25 pm

I have read posts on this website (TLS) who were able to take the LSAT for a fourth time in a two year period. I don't recall whether or not they stated the basis on which their request was granted.
Are you willing to share the outcomes of your first three LSAT sittings ? And why you think that you need & should be granted a fourth sitting within two years ?

Okay, I understand your situation now.

roballen

Postby roballen » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:36 pm

[quote="CanadianWolf"]I have read posts on this website (TLS) who were able to take the LSAT for a fourth time in a two year period. I don't recall whether or not they stated the basis on which their request was granted.
Are you willing to share the outcomes of your first three LSAT sittings ? And why you think that you need & should be granted a fourth sitting within two years ?

Well the October test will be my third time taking the LSAT. I recently requested extended time due to my learning disability, but was denied. My highest score was at the 30th percentile, so I'd really like to increase that. I am studying once again and trying to do things differently this time that may help me, but who knows. I am trying to work on an appeal of their decision with the clinic where I had my testing done and currently speaking with a lawyer. I probably won't get the accommodations, I believe I'm entitled to, so I'm hoping for the best come Oct. and if not, would like to retry again in December and if I score in the 140's once again, I guess I just have to give up on wanting to be a lawyer.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:49 pm

I took the time to run a PACER search on the LSAC about a year ago out of boredom. In case you didn't know, PACER is the filing system for federal-level civil and criminal matters. In my search, I counted 126+ cases of filings on behalf of individuals seeking accommodations for the LSAT. Each of these plaintiff's based their filings on the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1991. Every last one of these cases was dismissed with prejudice.

What's my point? Don't waste time fighting the LSAC. You can't win. Just study your ass off. Take a class if you haven't yet.

I don't know what your condition is, but I have severe ADD and I have never bothered to seek accommodations. I have documentation pertaining to my disorder dating back to pre-school. But whatever law school I attend will have no sympathy for my disorder. And after law school, no client will have sympathy for my disorder. I sure as hell won't be able to sue a potential client for not hiring me.

iamcutdacheck

Postby iamcutdacheck » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:52 pm

cues the 'maybe Law isn't for you speech' ...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”