RC Review

RFKScott

RC Review

Postby RFKScott » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:42 pm

I believe Reading Comprehension is the main obstacle in getting the high score Im looking for (believe this is the case with a lot of people). Im currently doing just single passages at the moment. How do you high scorers go about reviewing your work after you finish a passage? Do you guys appraoch it the same way you do the logical reasoning section? By that I mean go through each answer choice and figure out why each answer is wrong/correct. How do you guys attack the review in order to get the most out of each and every passage? Thank you!

AverageTutoring

Re: RC Review

Postby AverageTutoring » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:16 am

RFKScott wrote:I believe Reading Comprehension is the main obstacle in getting the high score Im looking for (believe this is the case with a lot of people). Im currently doing just single passages at the moment. How do you high scorers go about reviewing your work after you finish a passage? Do you guys appraoch it the same way you do the logical reasoning section? By that I mean go through each answer choice and figure out why each answer is wrong/correct. How do you guys attack the review in order to get the most out of each and every passage? Thank you!

How you review is dependent on your strategy of attack. Suppose you are the type of test taker that likes to write in the margins: what the main point is, the structure of the paragraphs, etc. In this case it is most beneficial to go through the passage again, knowing the answers this time around, and see exactly what you would have needed to mark out/underline/box to get all the answers correct. Compare this with what you originally wrote and see what you left off that you shouldnt have, and just as importanly, make sure to note what you wrote down that was completely useless to you.

By consistently reviewing in this manner you can develop a sense for what your personally need to mark/write to get the correct answer, and what the test makers expect you to know. You will find that you mark up your page less but mark up more important things.

If you are a test taker that likes to speed read the passage (I have done this myself) then the above really isn't helpful, because when you speed read, you arnt marking up the passage! To review for speed reading you are looking for what you missed the first time around, what did you completely skip over that you otherwise shouldnt have. This will help you know what you NEED to read and what you can skip over/come back to if need be.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”