5 Untimed Practice Tests

X_Soda

5 Untimed Practice Tests

Postby X_Soda » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:41 pm

Hi,

I've finished the Bibles and some various other textbooks and am now entering the practice test phase of my studying for the October LSAT. To get a general feel for the test and further practice some of the more difficult problems, I have resolved to take 5 "untimed" tests (I will be timing them, just not stopping once the 35 minutes per section runs out). I'm wondering which tests, out of the three "10 Prep tests" "Next 10," etc. books, I should "waste" on untimed practice tests? Any conventional wisdom, or does it really matter?

nextstep

Re: 5 Untimed Practice Tests

Postby nextstep » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:48 pm

In general, you should use earlier tests for untimed work and saved the later tests for timed work. You might want to make an exception to this policy and do one more recent test (in the 50's) untimed to get an idea of the difficulty of the RC passages. Past that, however, you'd prefer to use your best prep for your most important practice -- full timed tests in October.

John
Next Step Test Preparation

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”