LR explanation Help!

Anaconda

LR explanation Help!

Postby Anaconda » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:06 pm

PT 9 LR-A Number 11

I picked D and the answer is E. I can now see why D is wrong, but what on Earth does E actually mean?

"is more similar to one rather than the other two of present day phenomena"

What the hell are the other 2 present-day phenomena? Isn't it just comparing the similarities between birds and reptiles?

Could someone please break it down for me?

lparker

Re: LR explanation Help!

Postby lparker » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:16 pm

D is wrong because the argument does not assume that dinosaurs belong to the warm-blooded family. The stimulus only states that "fossil evidence casts doubt on the evolutionary theory that dinosaurs are more closely related to reptiles." It then goes on to present evidence about how they share a lot of characteristics with warm-blooded creatures.

E --> Past phenomenon (dinosaurs) are more similiar to one (warm-blooded) rather than the other (reptile) of two present day phenomena

I mean, it really makes perfect sense to refer to a dinosaur as phenomenon... Who doesn't, right? ;)

Anaconda

Re: LR explanation Help!

Postby Anaconda » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:20 pm

lparker wrote:D is wrong because the argument does not assume that dinosaurs belong to the warm-blooded family. The stimulus only states that "fossil evidence casts doubt on the evolutionary theory that dinosaurs are more closely related to reptiles." It then goes on to present evidence about how they share a lot of characteristics with warm-blooded creatures.

E --> Past phenomenon (dinosaurs) are more similiar to one (warm-blooded) rather than the other (reptile) of two present day phenomena

I mean, it really makes perfect sense to refer to a dinosaur as phenomenon... Who doesn't, right? ;)

"other OF two"

RC fail.

Thanks! I know, why the hell are they referring dinosaurs as phenomenon...it's ridiculous. Other than that I can clearly see how it makes sense and I was going crazy.

If anyone wants to help with another one - PT 16, LA Number 23. Picked E, answer is D. Tricky problem.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”