Oct LSAT in Hong Kong...waitlisted?

xqhp82

Oct LSAT in Hong Kong...waitlisted?

Postby xqhp82 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:18 am

Hi, I just tried to register for the Oct LSAT in Hong Kong and it says it's already full......so I put myself on the waitlist. How does the waitlist work? when will I find out whether I'm given a place? It's my only chance to take the LSAT so i really can't miss it.

I really did not expect that the test center in HK could get full so early. when do people normally register for LSAT anyway?

sophia.olive

Re: Oct LSAT in Hong Kong...waitlisted?

Postby sophia.olive » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:31 am

Dude..... that sucks.

maybe fly to taiwan, japan, I think china only has a summer and winter lsat (thats why i came back to the states). I think if you sign up for the lsat in honk kong you are pretty sure you are going to take it. waitlist -may never end.

xqhp82

Postby xqhp82 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:57 am

oh, no wonder. since china doesn't have any test center everyone must have registered for hong kong instead. im worried :( i checked that taiwan and japan are still available but i don't want to go there unless it's really necessary...which i want to find out asap.

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:52 am

Oh man- I got lucky! I registered just a couple weeks ago for HK. Tough luck :-(

downing

Postby downing » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:39 am

You could try Korea if you're desperate. You'd have to take in Seoul. Hopefully a spot opens up for you. Good luck!

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:49 am

Actually, I just now called my friend, who was planning to take it in HK in October but hadn't yet registered, and he signed up just fine half an hour ago. Try again?

xqhp82

Postby xqhp82 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:01 am

Hmmm that's really weird. i tried again but it's still not available...did your friend manage to get a spot right away?

i called up LSAC and asked, the guy told me that i'll be guaranteed a place in hong kong, just not sure when i'll be notified....don't know how reliable that is :?

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:11 am

I called him all "Zomg log on RIGHT NOW," and he called me back asking if I was playing a trick on him because he registered straight away. Too weird...

BigA

Postby BigA » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:21 pm

Shit I just tried to register too and was told that it's full. I see this thread was made more than two weeks ago! Have you heard anything, OP?

What exactly am I supposed to do? I would really prefer to take it in HK, but I NEED to take it somewhere. So should I sign up for another center as well, just in case I don't get a spot, and then get a refund? It says there's no need to call LSAC. :roll:

xqhp82

Postby xqhp82 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:19 pm

BigA wrote:Shit I just tried to register too and was told that it's full. I see this thread was made more than two weeks ago! Have you heard anything, OP?

What exactly am I supposed to do? I would really prefer to take it in HK, but I NEED to take it somewhere. So should I sign up for another center as well, just in case I don't get a spot, and then get a refund? It says there's no need to call LSAC. :roll:

hate it when they say 'there is no need to call LSAC'...they're just trying to avoid any trouble! i emailed them as soon as i put myself on the waitlist but haven't heard anything from them. Did you put yourself on the waitlist? coz if you did you won't be able to register for other centres. that's what I thought I would do but ended up being stuck on a waitlist.....or is there any other way that I can register elsewhere...?

although I searched on TLS and it seems to be a consensus that as long as you get on the waitlist you will get a spot. don't know how true that is for foreign test centres.

BigA

Postby BigA » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:22 am

xqhp82 wrote:
BigA wrote:Shit I just tried to register too and was told that it's full. I see this thread was made more than two weeks ago! Have you heard anything, OP?

hate it when they say 'there is no need to call LSAC'...they're just trying to avoid any trouble! i emailed them as soon as i put myself on the waitlist but haven't heard anything from them. Did you put yourself on the waitlist? coz if you did you won't be able to register for other centres. that's what I thought I would do but ended up being stuck on a waitlist.....or is there any other way that I can register elsewhere...?

although I searched on TLS and it seems to be a consensus that as long as you get on the waitlist you will get a spot. don't know how true that is for foreign test centres.

No, I didn't actually put myself on the waitlist. But you're right. You can't sign up at more than one center at a time. I'm just gonna call them tomorrow. My guess is that they will surely assign you a test center if you pay for one. What else can they do? I'm just kind of bothered by the other posts in this thread

xqhp82

Postby xqhp82 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:44 am

BigA wrote:
No, I didn't actually put myself on the waitlist. But you're right. You can't sign up at more than one center at a time. I'm just gonna call them tomorrow. My guess is that they will surely assign you a test center if you pay for one. What else can they do? I'm just kind of bothered by the other posts in this thread

Any updates after the call BigA? I still haven't heard anything

BigA

Postby BigA » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:20 am

yes, I was meaning to write back. They told me the same thing they told you: if you register for the test they will assign you a spot within two weeks of the test. I think I believe them. Sophia's post, and a couple others, kinda made me worried. But I think we'll be fine. Also, they told me that if I register any time before the deadline it's okay.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”