dumb RETAKE questions! help? :) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Barbie

Gold

dumb RETAKE questions! help? :)

Post by Barbie » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:50 pm

I know the consensus of whether TO retake will be "RETAKE or /self" but I have other questions besides whether or not I should...

1. If I was extremely unhappy with my testing center the first time (the UG 1 mile from my house) would it be wise to sacrifice a little extra sleep to drive 30 minutes to the next nearest center, or should I hope for a better experience the second time around (diff class room/ non auditorium seating with little 6 inch pull down desks)?

2. If I retake, I'm not going to take a class- but I am going to take it extremely seriously because otherwise my greatest fear (of doing even worse) will surely come true. By this I mean quiting my full time job at a law firm so I can devote at least a few hours a day to studying. I do NOT want to take a class-- so is there anyway to find a solid study routine that will provide me with actual improvements :)

3. I've never taken a self-proctored PT. I did a few free ones at Kaplan (yes, I have only ever taken a handful of PT. I fail) and they proved extremely accurate (163 on last PT, 163 on real thing). Would a self-proctored one in a private/comfortable setting actually be realistic of my developing ability to perform on the test?

4. If I retake in Oct, and thus don't submit my apps as early as I would have liked, will I be sacrificing my chances at ALL (even a little bit) if I do not do better.

5. If my greatest fear DOES come true, and I do worse, (this will be my 3rd take... 1st time (no studying) 154, 2nd time (no studying, but taking a PT every other weekend) 163) will that just prove to them that I'm not even worthy of my 163 and screw up everything?? (They do recieve the scores no matter what, through LSAC/LSDAS I'm assuming..)

Any advice/answers/similar stories would be greatly appreciated!!

Grizz

Diamond

Re: dumb RETAKE questions! help? :)

Post by Grizz » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:56 pm

1) get a place to sleep near the test center

2) people like the pithypike guide on this forum, apparently.

3) It should be fine, but if you're that worried, just make your bf proctor it for you.

4) I've told you a million times, just submit the apps without the LSAT score and the score will be automatically sent to the schools. You will not be disadvantaged.

5) I've also told you a million times, they'll only really care about your higher score.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:01 pm

rad law wrote:1) get a place to sleep near the test center

2) people like the pithypike guide on this forum, apparently.

3) It should be fine, but if you're that worried, just make your bf proctor it for you.

4) I've told you a million times, just submit the apps without the LSAT score and the score will be automatically sent to the schools. You will not be disadvantaged.

5) I've also told you a million times, they'll only really care about your higher score.
Just a fair warning, if I hear the word re-take during happy hour tomorrow, you're chugging!

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:59 pm

darby girl wrote: Just a fair warning, if I hear the word re-take during happy hour tomorrow, you're chugging!
No guarantees!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”