Look at these question! what's the answer choice and why? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ekamy

New

Look at these question! what's the answer choice and why?

Post by ekamy » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:40 am

thank you for your help~
Last edited by ekamy on Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

almostfamous

Bronze

Re: Look at these question! what's the answer choice and why?

Post by almostfamous » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:51 am

I think that the answer to the first one is C. It is saying that since both of these systems (i.e. government taxation and forced labor) essentially force the person to work for another's purpose, that they are also both alike in that they are pernicious.
- A does not address the argument at hand: it does not talk about any general principle about the rights of individuals, the argument is claiming that taxation is a form of forced labor.
- B is not true, the argument says nothing about anything that "was once the case"
- D: There is no economic theory that is addressed.
- E: What? the argument says nothing about a hierarchical class system.

For the second question, the answer is A. It does not take into account that the money that is taken for taxation in some ways benefits the person who is taxed. They are two fundamentally different things.
-B: This is irrelevant. If it is "forced labor" in one tax bracket, it will be in all of them, regardless of the amount that is taxed.
-C: This is again irrelevant. If ANY work is taxed, that part would still be considered forced labor
-D: This would only strengthen the argument they are trying to make, but does not address the false reasoning
-E: This one should be marked off straight away, this answer doesn't address anything that is actually in the argument at all.

Hope this helps!

youknowryan

Bronze

Post by youknowryan » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:07 am

almostfamous wrote:I think that the answer to the first one is C. It is saying that since both of these systems (i.e. government taxation and forced labor) essentially force the person to work for another's purpose, that they are also both alike in that they are pernicious.
- A does not address the argument at hand: it does not talk about any general principle about the rights of individuals, the argument is claiming that taxation is a form of forced labor.
- B is not true, the argument says nothing about anything that "was once the case"

For the second question, the answer is A. It does not take into account that the money that is taken for taxation in some ways benefits the person who is taxed. They are two fundamentally different things.
-B: This is irrelevant. If it is "forced labor" in one tax bracket, it will be in all of them, regardless of the amount that is taxed.
-C: This is again irrelevant. If ANY work is taxed, that part would still be considered forced labor
-D: This would only strengthen the argument they are trying to make, but does not address the false reasoning
-E: This one should be marked off straight away, this answer doesn't address anything that is actually in the argument at all.

Hope this helps!
i agree with your answers of c and a.

to the op: where did you get these?

ekamy

New

Post by ekamy » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:00 am

thank you so much! it really helps:)
I still can't get many of the logical reasoning questions right at the time, i am so worried, i don't think it's because of my carelessness, i just dont think the way as the answers do. I feel like trapped, could you tell me what to do?

brickman

Bronze

Post by brickman » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:27 pm

youknowryan wrote:
almostfamous wrote:I think that the answer to the first one is C. It is saying that since both of these systems (i.e. government taxation and forced labor) essentially force the person to work for another's purpose, that they are also both alike in that they are pernicious.

Hope this helps!
i agree with your answers of c and a.

to the op: where did you get these?
hurray photographic memory!

This is from PT 16 section 3 questions 25/26

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ndkrto

New

Post by Ndkrto » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:32 pm

brickman wrote: hurray photographic memory!

Dude, don't post complete questions. That's a stupid thing to get banned over - http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =6&t=36019

brickman

Bronze

Post by brickman » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:57 pm

Ndkrto wrote:
brickman wrote: hurray photographic memory!

Dude, don't post complete questions. That's a stupid thing to get banned over - http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =6&t=36019
I don't know why you are quoting me, i didn't post them.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”