PT 23 Game 1 Question 2 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
petrovovitch@

New

PT 23 Game 1 Question 2

Post by petrovovitch@ » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:16 pm

Let's say I eliminate choices a-c based on a hunch, or i just immediately jump, and consider only d or e. How would I eliminate e other than a hypothetical? What I mean is that I know why d is correct but suppose I jump to e first and start thinking about it before seeing d and thinking about it.

Is there some way to eliminate e without writing up a hypothetical?

NYCLSATTutor

Bronze

Re: PT 23 Game 1 Question 2

Post by NYCLSATTutor » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:28 pm

Look at where G can go...if you realize it is essentially a free variable with only one limitation (it can't be next to H), it seems pretty clear that it could go last/6th/5th. This would make answer choice E wrong in that L & G are not immediately next to each other.

But in cases like this, it would be wise to write it out just so you know you aren't missing anything and/or try out D which is the right answer which can be shown by the fact that H cannot be 7th, 6th, 5th, or 4th (because 4 things must come after it). Hence it must be 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. F is 2nd which means that H must be next to F.

petrovovitch@

New

Post by petrovovitch@ » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:18 pm

i guess the moral is that this local rules heavily restricts all players of than G and hence i should have considered it's position first.

NYCLSATTutor

Bronze

Post by NYCLSATTutor » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:21 pm

petrovovitch@ wrote:i guess the moral is that this local rules heavily restricts all players of than G and hence i should have considered it's position first.
The moral of the story is that hypotheticals matter. Probably the best way to do that question would to be to rule out A/B/C and then just do the hypotheticals for D and E. Hypotheticals are fine to do if you do them intelligently.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”