PT 29 Section 2 Question 14 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
perry24

New

PT 29 Section 2 Question 14

Post by perry24 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:53 pm

I was wondering why the answer to this question cannot be B. I understand that the answer is A from the third paragraph, but from the last paragraph of the passage it seems that the author sort of doubts that writing is necessary. Can someone please explain?

matt@atlaslsat

New

Re: PT 29 Section 2 Question 14

Post by matt@atlaslsat » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:10 am

I can totally see your point about the last paragraph seeming to point to the author believing that it is doubtful that that an exact match is worthy of consideration.

However, in the last paragraph, the author is not talking about an exact match but rather whether the attempt is worth it at all. Also, in the last paragraph the author does not agree with the position brought up, but rather states what others believe. Which means we cannot attribute this view to the author.

(A) is supported in lines 34-35.
(B) is not discussed. Whether an exact match can be found is discussed, but whether it is worthy of consideration is not.
(C) is the opposite of what the author believes.
(D) is the opposite of what the author believes.
(E) is out of scope. Nowhere does the author question the motives of those who attempt to translate an oral language into a written one.

Does that help clear things up? If not, let me know, I'd be happy to explain things further if you need!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”