Oct. retake Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
florencezx

New

Oct. retake

Post by florencezx » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:08 pm

I took the June test last year and got a 166. I only did 20 PTs and nothing else. Right now, I have 56 preptests. could anyone give me some advice on what other materials I should definitely get? I am not a native English-speaker, are there some books, or periodicals you guys recommend me to read?

I've done 10 preptests in the past two weeks and the scores range from 162 to 175 :( I'm really frustrated right now and don't know whether the efforts will be paid off.

Thanks!

Geat27

New

Re: Oct. retake

Post by Geat27 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:52 pm

I recommend working on reading comprehension problems -- and practicing them without the time limits. That might help improve your English reading and improve your score. If you run out of LSAT reading comprehension problems, it might be a good idea to use SAT problems. I would still take the occasional timed PT, but otherwise I would concentrate on reading comprehension and I would not use time limits.

Keep taking those practice tests. I know it's hard work. But eventually your scores will become less erratic, and test after test there will be little variation in your score. When you reach that point, if you are scoring higher than 166 (say, if your PTs are 168 or above), I would take the test again.

florencezx

New

Post by florencezx » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:54 pm

thanks a lot! I am having trouble with logic games again. the PTs I've done were the earliest ones (1-10), i feel that those games are really hard? am i right or not really?

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:04 am

I did Prep Test 7 two days ago (165) and did find the LG a little more challenging than usual. I missed 2 more than usual too, but I found RC to be easier than later tests.

Anyways, I didn't think LG was impossible, but the games were rather hard.

florencezx

New

Post by florencezx » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:53 am

for most of the time I can find out why I chose the wrong answers but sometimes, I would choose a wrong answer again during the correcting process and don't understand why I made those mistakes.

where can I find detailed explanation for all the preptests? is there a book doing this? desperate!

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:00 pm

I dont know if you can find detailed explanations for every test but that's what this forum is for!

First search the forum to make sure someone else hasnt yet posted about the same question. If not, start a thread. Most likely, someone will respond to you. That's why this board is so awesome.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”