I want improvement, is this the answer?

I want improvement, is this the answer?

Postby jtb00711 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:54 pm

I broke down my recent LSAT and realized I need to do a hell of a lot better in the LR sections. I want to improve 10 points and crack 160. Should the powerscore bibles be enough?

Re: I want improvement, is this the answer?

Postby LSAT Blog » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:57 pm

Nope, the LR Bible will not be enough. You need to do a TON of practice with Logical Reasoning questions in the PrepTests. Do them by type, then as sections, then as part of full exams.

Postby mountaintime » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:23 pm

Work through the LRB very thoroughly, but yes, the posted above is correct. You will need to do lots of practice LR sections and full PTs to really see the gains you're after.

Postby northwood » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:00 pm

the above are very much true.. you get only what you give... spend a lot of time on LR section, but dont forget about the Games and RC... both are important... as an aside make 3 copies of all problems that you have ( so you can re work them later as you go onto different question types)

Postby quasi-stellar » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:09 pm

In my personal quest to complete EVERY preptest ever released I decided to get the LSAC's ItemWise... and I really think it's quite revealing.

Now, its true that there is superprep with 3 february tests, explanations to which are quite helpful too. But, the itemwise stuff is somehow deeper in terms of LR explanations. I swear I had some really eye opening moments reading their explanations just when I thought I knew everything there is to know about LR. In general, when I review the tests by myself I do see why the correct answers are the credited ones, yet that does not stop me from making mistakes in the other tests I take subsequently. The LSAC's explanations are useful for those situations where you have two competing choices and you are not sure which one to go with. For example, there could be a choice that seemingly weakens the argument when you actually need to undermine it, but then when you look at it from a different perspective, it may as well strengthen it, such as when two different studies are being compared. Their explanations clear this up nicely and using the most basic high school level English. Becoming perfect in LSAT, and in LR in particular, requires ability to spot every possible subtlety so that when you find the answer, you can be absolutely sure it would be correct.

Just to be clear, I have nothing to do with LSAC, so this is no trolling, flaming or whatever.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”