WARNING: Do NOT Take Blueprint in NYC

Prime321

Re: WARNING: Do NOT Take Blueprint in NYC

Postby Prime321 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:29 pm

pumpernickel wrote:Actually, Colin has dodged the question as to whether he gets paid to post on this site. I think TLSers would be interested in knowing what the exact financial arrangement is. Does he get paid by the hour? By each post? For each customer he successfully recruits? Full disclosure would be in everyone's best interest.

OH MY GOD!!! :shock:

"Full disclosure would be in everyone's best interest" Seriously you got to be the biggest hypocrite I have ever encountered. You obviously have an agenda when you all your posts are bumping up every BP thread you could find accusing everyone of being BP shills. Why don't you give everyone full disclosure and reveal what test prep company you work for?

cubswin

Postby cubswin » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:58 pm

pumpernickel wrote:Actually, Colin has dodged the question as to whether he gets paid to post on this site. I think TLSers would be interested in knowing what the exact financial arrangement is. Does he get paid by the hour? By each post? For each customer he successfully recruits? Full disclosure would be in everyone's best interest.

Why is it in anyone's interest to know what his compensation is? If he answers an LSAT question for you, it seems pretty irrelevant whether he is being compensated hourly or by post. You've benefitted either way.

Cleareyes

Postby Cleareyes » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:04 pm

Let's posit 3 scenarios:

A) Colin posts here in the hopes of recruiting students to his classes in NYC and to curry favor with his bosses.

B) Colin gets paid $15 an hour to troll the internet representing Blueprint.

C) Colin gets 70 cents and 15 Dipsy Doodles for every 250 words he posts on the forum.

Please explain how any of this scenarios would alter someone's impression and interpretation of his posts. I agree it's useful to know he's affiliated with bluepint, but beyond that, why does it matter at all?

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:43 pm

I took the LSAT a year ago. I did not take a prep class. I do not live anywhere near NYC.

If, a year ago, I did live in NYC and wanted to take a prep class, based on the video and his posts on this board, I'd be more than happy to take a class with that guy. He was succinct, funny, and very good at explaining a concept that many people find difficult.

I am all for posting about negative experiences with test companies, pizza delivery places, and adcomms, but leave the personal attacks out.

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:29 am

I like your post ^

PKSebben

Postby PKSebben » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:19 am

mlbennani

Postby mlbennani » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:29 am

blurbz wrote:I took the LSAT a year ago. I did not take a prep class. I do not live anywhere near NYC.

If, a year ago, I did live in NYC and wanted to take a prep class, based on the video and his posts on this board, I'd be more than happy to take a class with that guy. He was succinct, funny, and very good at explaining a concept that many people find difficult.

I am all for posting about negative experiences with test companies, pizza delivery places, and adcomms, but leave the personal attacks out.

Exactly how I feel!!!!!!! thanks for the post.... :wink:

bp colin

Postby bp colin » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:40 pm

Hi Everybody!

As much as I've enjoyed my 15 minutes of TLS fame, it's nice to see that this is more or less dying down. I've been following it all with some bemusement, but thought I'd just stay out of it as it played out. Also, you can understand my hesitation when it comes to bumping a thread entitled "WARNING: Do NOT Take Blueprint in NYC." Sucks that it's a week from when classes start, but I'm assuming that was intentional. Shit happens. Rather than individually responding to a bunch of speculative posts being presented as certainties, I just thought I'd state once more for the record that I really have no clue who any of the mystery posters are. As always, if you've got any actual questions for me, whether they be about Blueprint, my classes, my chiseled good looks, or anything else, ask away, either with a PM or in a thread.

Regarding how I get paid, it's in bullion.

balzern

Postby balzern » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:02 pm

FWIW, Colin has been really helpful in my LSAT experience in general. After the June test I was pretty upset about my score - did he tell me to take Blueprint? No, actually he didn't. He gave me reasons why I could have messed up and advised me on how to improve it WITHOUT Blueprint's help. I thought to myself, wow that was pretty nice of a guy who is WORKING for the company to give honest advice and possible routes I could take. Then after I looked into Blueprint MYSELF I decided on the company because I think they have a solid program. He is a nice guy and it really shows how inconsiderate people can be bashing someone else like previous people have done in this thread. Grow a pair and realize it was YOUR fault you sucked on test, not someone else’s fault.

"If you don't know, now you know."

hax123

Postby hax123 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:50 am

How could the man who wrote this article (http://moststronglysupported.com/2birds ... at-scores/) be anything other than an LSAT genius?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”