WARNING: Do NOT Take Blueprint in NYC Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
merichard87

Silver

Re: WARNING: Do NOT Take Blueprint in NYC

Post by merichard87 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:10 pm

I've PM'd one of the BP guys on here b4 and he gave me nothing but good advice.

And I'm not affiliated any prep company.

Matthies

Silver

Post by Matthies » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:16 pm

pumpernickel wrote:
Matthies wrote:
gerryapthud wrote:Don't see how advising students to avoid a bad instructor isn't constructive. We were at a party and she showed us a YouTube video of him, and he was the butt of many jokes. She also said she got tricked into taking Blueprint by reading messages on this forum that she thought were from students but she later found out they were from Blueprint employees.
You mean I should not base a decision on whether or not to spend 1000's of dollars just on the advice given on internet message boards by anonymous posters? Right, next you're going to tell me I'm not going to make 70 times my money back when that Nigerian price wires me his cash.

Canceling was probably the smartest thing you friend has done so far.
+1
Um I should clarify, my comment about canceling has nothing to do with the quality of her alleged instruction and all to do with the fact she sounds like a complete moron who likely should not be going to law school anyway since her instructor and the interwebs failed her.

I mean in all likelihood in three years the scam blog market is going to be so saturated that she won't be able to get any readers for her website blaming her law school/interwebz advice for not having a legal job.

She would really need to get on the blame train today, class of 2009 and 2010 have pretty much taken over the law school scam blog market. By 2013 you're going to need a Yale JD before anyone will believe you that the school/ABA/Mexicans are at fault for your lack of elementary logic and social skills.

pumpernickel

New

Post by pumpernickel » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:22 pm

Cleareyes wrote:Mentioning his lisp and weight makes you look bitter and reduces your credibility. It is a pointless personal attack having nothing to do with someone's ability to teach and by the time we get to the relevant criticisms (Doesn't care about students, wastes time on pointless anecdotes) you already look like someone who has a person grudge against this guy rather than a disinterested party trying to warn people away from a bad teacher.
I agree it was not cool that the OP made fun of Colin's lisp, but the fact remains that he is PAID by Blueprint to post on this board and knows they've created a ton of shill accounts.

Nikrall

Bronze

Post by Nikrall » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:00 pm

pumpernickel wrote:
Cleareyes wrote:Mentioning his lisp and weight makes you look bitter and reduces your credibility. It is a pointless personal attack having nothing to do with someone's ability to teach and by the time we get to the relevant criticisms (Doesn't care about students, wastes time on pointless anecdotes) you already look like someone who has a person grudge against this guy rather than a disinterested party trying to warn people away from a bad teacher.
I agree it was not cool that the OP made fun of Colin's lisp, but the fact remains that he is PAID by Blueprint to post on this board and knows they've created a ton of shill accounts.
How exactly do you know who is a shill paid by BP and who, well, just likes them?

Matthies

Silver

Post by Matthies » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:03 pm

Nikrall wrote:
pumpernickel wrote:
How exactly do you know who is a shill paid by BP and who, well, just likes them?
Becuase me thinks he's a shill for the other comapny, its shill vs. shill!

I say settle it gladitor style, fight to the death, one gets a flail and the other a trident/net.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nn223

New

Post by nn223 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:18 pm

he needs to lay off the doritos

Prime321

New

Post by Prime321 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:01 am

Can pumpernickel be anymore obvious? He created an account and every post is to accuse anyone mentioning blueprint as a shill. You are the obvious shill who has the agenda. Oh yea and I'm not a shill. :roll: I wish I was cause then that would mean I work for Blueprint and got a 170+ on the lsat :(

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:19 am

Matthies wrote:
Nikrall wrote:
pumpernickel wrote:
Becuase me thinks he's a shill for the other comapny, its shill vs. shill!

I say settle it gladitor style, fight to the death, one gets a flail and the other a trident/net.
tcr. The people strongly for or against any particular company in these kinds of threads are always unbiased, impartial posters with newly minted accounts and a single digit post history.

forward

Bronze

Post by forward » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:43 am

Last edited by forward on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bp colin

Bronze

Post by bp colin » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:15 pm

It is I, Colin Elzie, and I feel like I should probably respond.
gerryapthud wrote:We were at a party and she showed us a YouTube video of him, and he was the butt of many jokes.
First of all, people are showing videos of me at parties? I think that officially makes me "internet famous," so I pretty much win at life. Which renders the rest of this moot, but I'll go ahead anyway.
gerryapthud wrote: My friend, who just took their spring course and ended up cancelling her score, said he is really overweight, talks with a heavy lisp and doesn't give a rat's ass about his students improvement.
Oh, SNAP. Yes, I am really overweight. I didn't realize I had a lisp, but I blame the weight (fat tongue).

As for not caring about my students' improvement, that's not true. I don't like to go much into it, because I feel that any evaluation of a teacher should come from students and not the teacher, but for the record I would like to say that I do indeed care about the improvement of my students. Whether my giving of a rat's ass about my students' improvement is based on it being my job or my having a genuine concern is again something that students would need to evaluate.
pumpernickel wrote: Of course he's been very nice/helpful. He wants your $$$$.
Well, of course. I am here for your dollar signs. ALL FOUR OF THEM! Why the hell else would I, tomwatts, Atlas LSAT Instructor, et al be here? I do think we provide a good service, in that potential students can ask questions of us, but I don't think anyone at all is naïve enough to think that I'm here for purely altruistic reasons.
nn223 wrote: he needs to lay off the doritos
God, guys, I get it. I'm going to go drown my sorrows in a Dorito-filled orgy of self loathing. And it will be delicious.

So just a few things.

First of all, I think I'm always clear about exactly who I am. As for the people who ask questions, I agree with what HiLine said in another thread, that it makes sense that the newcomers are the ones more likely to be asking about prep options. All I can tell you is they're not Blueprint shills.

I agree that one could view gerryapthud and pumpernickel's accounts as having dubious origins, but I of course have no way of knowing who they really are and what they really want. It's entirely possible that they've had bad experiences with BP and/or good ol' Colin Elzie (or know people who have), and are out to warn all of you against our dastardly ways.

Also, to all the people who have come to BP's and my defense, and who have said good things about me/BP on the board, both in this thread and others, I really appreciate it. I try not to respond to that stuff a lot because, well, it would be pretty damn douchey of me, but for the record, thanks.
Matthies wrote: I say settle it gladitor style, fight to the death, one gets a flail and the other a trident/net.
If it's all the same to you guys, I'd prefer a Dorito-eating contest.

interalia

New

Post by interalia » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:37 pm

bp colin wrote:It is I, Colin Elzie, and I feel like I should probably respond.
gerryapthud wrote:We were at a party and she showed us a YouTube video of him, and he was the butt of many jokes.
First of all, people are showing videos of me at parties? I think that officially makes me "internet famous," so I pretty much win at life. Which renders the rest of this moot, but I'll go ahead anyway.
gerryapthud wrote: My friend, who just took their spring course and ended up cancelling her score, said he is really overweight, talks with a heavy lisp and doesn't give a rat's ass about his students improvement.
Oh, SNAP. Yes, I am really overweight. I didn't realize I had a lisp, but I blame the weight (fat tongue).

As for not caring about my students' improvement, that's not true. I don't like to go much into it, because I feel that any evaluation of a teacher should come from students and not the teacher, but for the record I would like to say that I do indeed care about the improvement of my students. Whether my giving of a rat's ass about my students' improvement is based on it being my job or my having a genuine concern is again something that students would need to evaluate.
pumpernickel wrote: Of course he's been very nice/helpful. He wants your $$$$.
Well, of course. I am here for your dollar signs. ALL FOUR OF THEM! Why the hell else would I, tomwatts, Atlas LSAT Instructor, et al be here? I do think we provide a good service, in that potential students can ask questions of us, but I don't think anyone at all is naïve enough to think that I'm here for purely altruistic reasons.
nn223 wrote: he needs to lay off the doritos
God, guys, I get it. I'm going to go drown my sorrows in a Dorito-filled orgy of self loathing. And it will be delicious.

So just a few things.

First of all, I think I'm always clear about exactly who I am. As for the people who ask questions, I agree with what HiLine said in another thread, that it makes sense that the newcomers are the ones more likely to be asking about prep options. All I can tell you is they're not Blueprint shills.

I agree that one could view gerryapthud and pumpernickel's accounts as having dubious origins, but I of course have no way of knowing who they really are and what they really want. It's entirely possible that they've had bad experiences with BP and/or good ol' Colin Elzie (or know people who have), and are out to warn all of you against our dastardly ways.

Also, to all the people who have come to BP's and my defense, and who have said good things about me/BP on the board, both in this thread and others, I really appreciate it. I try not to respond to that stuff a lot because, well, it would be pretty damn douchey of me, but for the record, thanks.
Matthies wrote: I say settle it gladitor style, fight to the death, one gets a flail and the other a trident/net.

Colin, is Brad Yi still teaching blueprint in NYC as well?

gerryapthud

New

Post by gerryapthud » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:52 pm

interalia wrote:Colin, is Brad Yi still teaching blueprint in NYC as well?
Nope. Colin is the ONLY instructor in NYC. So you're stuck with him if you're dumb enough to sign up for the class.

jchis2008

New

Post by jchis2008 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:54 pm

i was thinking about taking bp in socal this summer but now i'm not so sure. colin, is it true that bp pays you to post here?

also, i looked at the class schedules on the bp website and noticed that all of the instructors are males, the one exception being a girl who just finished taking the bp class. what's up with the sausage swordfight?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cubswin

Silver

Post by cubswin » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:13 pm

jchis2008 wrote:i was thinking about taking bp in socal this summer but now i'm not so sure. colin, is it true that bp pays you to post here?

also, i looked at the class schedules on the bp website and noticed that all of the instructors are males, the one exception being a girl who just finished taking the bp class. what's up with the sausage swordfight?
bp colin wrote:Well, of course. I am here for your dollar signs. ALL FOUR OF THEM! Why the hell else would I, tomwatts, Atlas LSAT Instructor, et al be here? I do think we provide a good service, in that potential students can ask questions of us, but I don't think anyone at all is naïve enough to think that I'm here for purely altruistic reasons.
Don't bother, since you'll obviously fail the RC section anyway.

pumpernickel

New

Post by pumpernickel » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:05 am

Actually, Colin has dodged the question as to whether he gets paid to post on this site. I think TLSers would be interested in knowing what the exact financial arrangement is. Does he get paid by the hour? By each post? For each customer he successfully recruits? Full disclosure would be in everyone's best interest.

zanda

Silver

Post by zanda » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:10 am

Sounds like a classic "find the error" LSAT question :lol:

PKSebben

Silver

Post by PKSebben » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:20 am

bp colin wrote:It is I, Colin Elzie, and I feel like I should probably respond.
If actually the dude, I like the guy already.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:26 am

pumpernickel wrote:Actually, Colin has dodged the question as to whether he gets paid to post on this site. I think TLSers would be interested in knowing what the exact financial arrangement is. Does he get paid by the hour? By each post? For each customer he successfully recruits? Full disclosure would be in everyone's best interest.
This information doesn't sound important at all. I'm much more prone to trust this Colin guy, since he's been open about who he is and has not tried to hide his affiliation with BluePrint, than I am to trust you, with your brand new, created-solely-to-smack-talk-Blueprint account. Also, you seem to be accusing a lot of people of being shills. Protesting a little too much imo.

I was bummed to learn that Colin works for Blueprint in order to get paid, though. I always believed that LSAT instructors just had a huge hard-on for the LSAT and for helping others and they rode their altruism unicorns to the test centers on rainbows. The fact that LSAT prep courses are a moneymaking operation sickens me!

Nikrall

Bronze

Post by Nikrall » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:03 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
pumpernickel wrote:Actually, Colin has dodged the question as to whether he gets paid to post on this site. I think TLSers would be interested in knowing what the exact financial arrangement is. Does he get paid by the hour? By each post? For each customer he successfully recruits? Full disclosure would be in everyone's best interest.
This information doesn't sound important at all. I'm much more prone to trust this Colin guy, since he's been open about who he is and has not tried to hide his affiliation with BluePrint, than I am to trust you, with your brand new, created-solely-to-smack-talk-Blueprint account. Also, you seem to be accusing a lot of people of being shills. Protesting a little too much imo.

I was bummed to learn that Colin works for Blueprint in order to get paid, though. I always believed that LSAT instructors just had a huge hard-on for the LSAT and for helping others and they rode their altruism unicorns to the test centers on rainbows. The fact that LSAT prep courses are a moneymaking operation sickens me!
I'd like you to know that I teach the LSAT and when people ask my sexual orientation I say "the LSAT". I was going to ride my altruism unicorn to the test center, but it got sick in june. Altruism unicorns usually die from overwork when they are stabled in New York City.

On a more serious note, I do think there is a difference between Colin working at BP for money and him posting here for money. In the interest of full disclosure I'd like to say that I pay myself $1.00 for every post I make here. What really sucks is that I get taxed on that income ;(

Na_Swatch

Bronze

Post by Na_Swatch » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:17 am

More posts by Colin please... funniest thing i've read on here in awhile.

Audio Technica Guy

Bronze

Post by Audio Technica Guy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:18 am

Hmm, the only thing that makes sense here is that Colin posted the original posts because making your detractors look incredibly stupid makes you look better.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Audio Technica Guy

Bronze

Post by Audio Technica Guy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:21 am

LOL, seriously? What good would that information do, besides potentially get Colin in trouble with his employer? Companies usually don't like their employees spilling the all the details of how they get paid, regardless of what it's for.

If Colin does get paid to post here, does that change the way you read his posts? If yes, why and how?

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:30 am

Audio Technica Guy wrote:
LOL, seriously? What good would that information do, besides potentially get Colin in trouble with his employer? Companies usually don't like their employees spilling the all the details of how they get paid, regardless of what it's for.

If Colin does get paid to post here, does that change the way you read his posts? If yes, why and how?
HUSH YOU! PUMPERNICKEL IS CLOSE TO EXPOSING THE SMOKING GUN!!

Matthies

Silver

Post by Matthies » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:09 am

bp colin wrote:
No fatty pick you wepon flail or trident!

<--- is also, um, big boned and eating cold pizza at his keybaord :P

HiLine

Bronze

Post by HiLine » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:35 am

Well, why don't you post your own financial benefit for setting up that account and trolling around first? Or is it the case that you are an unemployed loser whose only interest is to ruin someone else's business all day long?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”