If JD Plan is cancelled then where to jump from?

Justiceinbrothel

If JD Plan is cancelled then where to jump from?

Postby Justiceinbrothel » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:34 am

As many colored and white fellows are not getting desired or required score in LSAT exam despite after taking this exam multiple times. What options these colored and white students will have then? Please post

queenlizzie13

Re: If JD Plan is cancelled then where to jump from?

Postby queenlizzie13 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:11 am

Uh, you could try taking the GMAT's or the GRE and getting a MBA or MPP/MPA. That's what I would recommend. I would not recommend (especially political science/humanities majors) on getting a phD. Waste of time (5-6+ years) and you are definitely not guaranteed a job afterwords.

Through my undergrad's career website, I noticed there are a lot of finance jobs available, so that also might be a career path to get into. It really depends on your interest though. If you are a political science major, like a lot of law student hopefuls, than a degree in public policy would likely interest you.

You are still dealing with politics, the degree only takes two years to get, and there is definitely less competition than law school. Good luck for those who have decided to go a different route.

gdane

Re: If JD Plan is cancelled then where to jump from?

Postby gdane » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:31 pm

You'll be ok. If you like politics I recommend getting a masters in public policy or PolSci and then trying to get a job on the hill. You can spend some years as a legislative assistant or working with Congress. Toil and toil until you get a big break. The good thing about these jobs is the networking. You meet so many people that somewhere down the road one of them will help you move onto bigger and better things.

Dont worry if law school doesnt work out. Truth is that its entirely possible to go and then end up working in a less desirable area.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”