Question about buying PT's

soesghost

Question about buying PT's

Postby soesghost » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:49 pm

Ok so - for the June test I had 2 of the "10 actual LSAT" books, and the SuperPrep, as well as some ghetto ones from McGraw Hill and whoever. I was scoring low-high 160's on all, including the SuperPrep, yet ended up 157 on the real one :( Based on what I have read here, I ordered the LG Bible, the third 10 actual book, and am trying to find more. I will prob do the LR bible too, since that also seems popular. BUT - here's my real question: I see on the LSAC site there are offical tests available for $8 per - are these the PT's you guys are using? That seems insanely high for one test when the 10 actual books have 10 tests for $20, which seems more reasonable for people who ARE NOT YET LAWYERS!!!

Advice appreciated!

LSAT Blog

Re: Question about buying PT's

Postby LSAT Blog » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:54 pm

Yep - people use the individual ones (39-60) for their prep also - not only the ones in the books of 10.

It's unfortunate that LSAC charges so much more for them.

Amazon has a 4-for-3 special on individual exams that knocks the price down to $6/exam if you buy in multiples of 4.

Don't touch the McGraw-Hill (or the whoever) exams.

Alligator Pear

Postby Alligator Pear » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:05 pm

Purchasing the most recent 20 at $8 per PT will only cost $160. $160 is an insignificant part of the investment (tuition, lost income, time, stress, etc.) you are planning on making in law school. Practicing with several recent actual PTs will likely increase your LSAT score. There is probably no decent substitute. There is nothing but upside to a better LSAT score.

vespertiliovir

Postby vespertiliovir » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:07 pm

Alligator Pear wrote:$160 is an insignificant part of the investment (tuition, lost income, time, stress, etc.) you are planning on making in law school.

As someone who just took out his GradPlus loans a week ago, I can aver that this is unbelievably credited.

skip james

Postby skip james » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:09 pm

http://www.cambridgelsat.com/

if you don't mind paying for printing costs, i personally find this to be an excellent option.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”