How many full tests did you take?

zephyr36

How many full tests did you take?

Postby zephyr36 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:17 am

Hello. I got a cold diag of 155 a few months ago, and I'll be taking the test in oct. I'm shooting for a 172+. It's a big jump, but it's a goal that will keep me motivated. I looked at pithypike's method, and also this blog: http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/3- ... edule.html

My question is if only taking approx. 10-12 full, timed tests was enough for you to get your timing down, etc. Especially since the methods above take a large portion of prep doing questions untimed, or if you went back and did 7-19 at some point (the blog schedule seems to disregard these tests completely).

HOV

Re: How many full tests did you take?

Postby HOV » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:59 am

im interested in knowing this as well.

stintez

Postby stintez » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:09 pm

I just took the June lsat and worked full time so I was able to take timed test 1 day during the week after work (sucked balls) and one day on the weekend. I took about 20 full timed test. I would recommend taking about 20-25. In case like me you want to retake it is very useful to have material left for a retake.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:23 pm

Full? As in 5 sections? 3.

Took 12 tests if you only count the 4.

stintez

Postby stintez » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:25 pm

3|ink wrote:Full? As in 5 sections? 3.

Took 12 tests if you only count the 4.

I did 14 or so 4 section then 5-8 5 section and I did two 6 section timed as well.

zephyr36

Postby zephyr36 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:12 pm

What I mean by sections is just the sections you use to practice a certain section of the test i.e. doing logic game sections that might combine to be a full test length wise. My other concern is if I do more recent test (the blog schedule has you doing 29-38 when practicing lr and lg) would it be a step backwards to go back to earlier tests when I'm prepping full tests?

stintez

Postby stintez » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:15 pm

zephyr36 wrote:What I mean by sections is just the sections you use to practice a certain section of the test i.e. doing logic game sections that might combine to be a full test length wise. My other concern is if I do more recent test (the blog schedule has you doing 29-38 when practicing lr and lg) would it be a step backwards to go back to earlier tests when I'm prepping full tests?

I am not sure I follow, but when I say I did full test that means I did them from actual test and if I added a section I chose whatever section I was weakest at. For example sometimes I would make LG the extra and at the end I was making RC the extra. Also I would start with the older ones first. Be aware however, that the older ones have games that may be outdated and the older test seem harder.

zephyr36

Postby zephyr36 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:22 pm

stintez wrote:
zephyr36 wrote:What I mean by sections is just the sections you use to practice a certain section of the test i.e. doing logic game sections that might combine to be a full test length wise. My other concern is if I do more recent test (the blog schedule has you doing 29-38 when practicing lr and lg) would it be a step backwards to go back to earlier tests when I'm prepping full tests?

I am not sure I follow, but when I say I did full test that means I did them from actual test and if I added a section I chose whatever section I was weakest at. For example sometimes I would make LG the extra and at the end I was making RC the extra. Also I would start with the older ones first. Be aware however, that the older ones have games that may be outdated and the older test seem harder.

I guess my main question is whether it is wise to use tests 29-38 to practice lg and lr as the blog suggests and returning to the earlier tests later on when I'm ready to start taking full length tests. Hopefully that makes things clearer. Thanks.

stintez

Postby stintez » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:25 pm

zephyr36 wrote:
stintez wrote:

I guess my main question is whether it is wise to use tests 29-38 to practice lg and lr as the blog suggests and returning to the earlier tests later on when I'm ready to start taking full length tests. Hopefully that makes things clearer. Thanks.

I only did a few practice untimed test. I suppose if you are going to do practice untimed test or just need sections to practice I would use the earlier first. Once it depends how many timed practice test you hope to do by the real one. I'd save the later ones like 29-38. To practice lg use the logic games bible. Also no time like the present to start taking timed practice test.

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:39 pm

I *only* practiced with full(4 sections) practice tests---I didn't use any other test prep materials like the bibles or take any classes. In total I took about 20.

Note: I don't recommend this as a study method. More tests the better.

katiem

Postby katiem » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:28 am

I did 15 PTs, and ended up feeling like I should have done more. I'd recommend finishing the LGB and LRB earlier so you have more time to do PTs (2 months or so would have been ideal).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”