Atlas v. Blueprint NYC

ajmanyjah
Posts: 263
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:51 pm

Atlas v. Blueprint NYC

Postby ajmanyjah » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:42 pm

So after realizing I really should start prepping, I'm looking into what to do. This is for the October LSATs, I've already done LSAC's free stuff (questions and a 2007? I think practice test) and gotten a 157 in a noisy room with many distractions...I need to do better (already got a 1500+ on the SATs and a 1390 on the GRE's so I think I just need to study and I'll do well)

Shooting for a 170 or higher

As for books, I've gleaned that I should buy all the 10 official LSAT Tests books. I've also seen I should buy the "Bibles" (are these Powerscore's three books?)...these I can do on my own. Any people disagree or have other suggestions, and where is the best place to order these cheap and get them quickly?

But considering my work ethic is crap after working part time and really not doing much (wasn't this bad when I was teaching and the like, but I don't trust myself now) I'd love to supplement with a course (money really isn't a worry, parents are letting me take a bedroom and I have savings)

So I've looked in the NYC area and I guess I've seen Blueprint and Atlas to be the best in my area...am I right?

So as far as I can see, both seem to be targeted for high scores, not just anybody

Blueprint seems to have the better name, but has bigger classes, Atlas has the highly paid teacher who know how to teach (having taught...teaching is not just knowing)---do they both use REAL LSAT questions, are they all doing 5 section LSATs?

Any recommendations? Again, shooting for a 170 or above, and will be supplementing with extra personal studying...

Any other books you guys would recommend...is there a way to just get all the released tests in one book?

User avatar
The ASSET
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:55 pm

Re: Atlas v. Blueprint NYC

Postby The ASSET » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:10 am

ajmanyjah wrote:So after realizing I really should start prepping, I'm looking into what to do. This is for the October LSATs, I've already done LSAC's free stuff (questions and a 2007? I think practice test) and gotten a 157 in a noisy room with many distractions...I need to do better (already got a 1500+ on the SATs and a 1390 on the GRE's so I think I just need to study and I'll do well)

Shooting for a 170 or higher

As for books, I've gleaned that I should buy all the 10 official LSAT Tests books. I've also seen I should buy the "Bibles" (are these Powerscore's three books?)...these I can do on my own. Any people disagree or have other suggestions, and where is the best place to order these cheap and get them quickly?

But considering my work ethic is crap after working part time and really not doing much (wasn't this bad when I was teaching and the like, but I don't trust myself now) I'd love to supplement with a course (money really isn't a worry, parents are letting me take a bedroom and I have savings)

So as far as I can see, both seem to be targeted for high scores, not just anybody

Blueprint seems to have the better name, but has bigger classes, Atlas has the highly paid teacher who know how to teach (having taught...teaching is not just knowing)---do they both use REAL LSAT questions, are they all doing 5 section LSATs?

Any recommendations? Again, shooting for a 170 or above, and will be supplementing with extra personal studying...

Any other books you guys would recommend...is there a way to just get all the released tests in one book?


So I've looked in the NYC area and I guess I've seen Blueprint and Atlas to be the best in my area...am I right?

in nyc your options are wide open. Powerscore is also good. When you go Powerscore or Blueprint, you will have access to all released questions. Atlas is an up and comer . if you have questins for them, they are on this forum. Bp colin for Blueprint and noah from atlas lsat. They are both very helpful
So I've looked in the NYC area and I guess I've seen Blueprint and Atlas to be the best in my area...am I right?

User avatar
dominkay
Posts: 355
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Atlas v. Blueprint NYC

Postby dominkay » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:16 am

Testmasters, 1000%.

User avatar
lennonist
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: Atlas v. Blueprint NYC

Postby lennonist » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:47 am

go with Blueprint.

Fin.

ajmanyjah
Posts: 263
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:51 pm

Re: Atlas v. Blueprint NYC

Postby ajmanyjah » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:34 am

So Atlas doesn't have access? Also, would I buy up all these Official Test books for the classes, or should I expect them to be provided?

bp colin
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Atlas v. Blueprint NYC

Postby bp colin » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:29 am

I'm actually the instructor for the Blueprint New York classes, so let me know if you've got any questions. Also, if I may be so bold, I would say that Blueprint also has highly paid teachers who knows how to teach.

User avatar
Atlas LSAT Teacher
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 10:18 am

Re: Atlas v. Blueprint NYC

Postby Atlas LSAT Teacher » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:07 am

ajmanyjah wrote:So Atlas doesn't have access? Also, would I buy up all these Official Test books for the classes, or should I expect them to be provided?

Hey there, just to clarify, we provide 28 printed LSATs with your course (the most current ones), so indeed you'd be missing some earlier ones, which are pretty easy to grab through the 10 Actual, etc.; and students who have walked into our office telling us they've finished all 28 have been provided more. But in the end, after the work that you do, it's really about the quality of the teaching, the quality of the curriculum and the class size. Probably best to just attend the first session as a trial student, check out the books and generally see for yourself. Mostly people like the courses they take if they improve - which barring a few bad ones, most test prep companies help you do. I'm about to have my first kid and I notice people do the same thing about baby stuff (strollers, diaper brands, parenting style), whatever worked for them is apparently the best thing ever.

Good luck!

User avatar
Nikrall
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:25 pm

Re: Atlas v. Blueprint NYC

Postby Nikrall » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:51 pm

You aren't going to get a good answer as to whether BP or Atlas is better. Both are new-ish companies that have good reputations. But honestly, the only people who could really compare them will be people who have taken both, and i doubt there are many of those around.

The people saying "go with x" are generally people who took class x, and liked it. While that is comforting, it gives absolutely no evidence that one is better than the other.

My own guess is that there probably aren't substantial differences between them. Both have good salaries, both have good reps. Just pick whichever one is more convenient with your schedule.

Oh...and as you are in NYC, if you want an experienced tutor, feel free to look me up.

User avatar
pumpernickel
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: Atlas v. Blueprint NYC

Postby pumpernickel » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:02 pm

Atlas LSAT Teacher and Nikrall, you are wasting your time. The OP is a shill that Blueprint created just a couple days ago for marketing purposes. If you want to hustle for LSAT students, I suggest you try some of the other threads.

User avatar
HiLine
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:57 am

Re: Atlas v. Blueprint NYC

Postby HiLine » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:10 pm

pumpernickel wrote:Atlas LSAT Teacher and Nikrall, you are wasting your time. The OP is a shill that Blueprint created just a couple days ago for marketing purposes. If you want to hustle for LSAT students, I suggest you try some of the other threads.


It is you, who created an account just a few hours ago to bad-mouth Blueprint based on pure speculation, that is wasting his time. No one's gonna believe that cheap trick.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, BobBoblaw, Deardevil, Greenteachurro, mrgstephe, MSNbot Media, proteinshake and 11 guests