anyone studying lsat in south korea?

User avatar
rivermaker
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:16 pm

Re: anyone studying lsat in south korea?

Postby rivermaker » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:37 am

yeah didnt feel like gambling with scores, but I really want to know what I would have gotten

motiontodismiss
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: anyone studying lsat in south korea?

Postby motiontodismiss » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:16 am

How was Yonsei? They better have tables and not those horrible fold out desks :evil: :evil: :evil:

Are the proctors efficient? Do they speak (proficient) English? I'm asking because I might have given up good testing conditions at Duksung for bad ones at Yonsei and I still have time to change, but I won't be ready until the February test anyway.

motiontodismiss
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: anyone studying lsat in south korea?

Postby motiontodismiss » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:22 am

odoylerules wrote:yeah, a cancel never feels good. It is however, much better than not cancelling. I messed up the June test pretty bad, for some reason though, I just couldn't bring myself to cancel. And now I've got a low score following me around. So... cheer up!



Problem is, I have trouble objectively judging this, as I ALWAYS think I fucked up royally, even if I DID feel good about it (if I feel good about it, I'm overconfident, if I feel shitty about it, I'm probably right-Murphy's Law ftw). Then a lot of the time I end up doing just fine (perhaps sometimes not as fine as I want). So how I feel coming out of the test or even a week after is not an accurate indicator of how I do.

yoojin0319
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:17 pm

Re: anyone studying lsat in south korea?

Postby yoojin0319 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:47 pm

(fyi: i ave some words missin in my keyboard...)
I was in room 403 I tink..
we need a study roup!!! I ave te lsat proctor cd lol we sould set up a study room in seoul and practice.................

yonsei was ok.
it was clean. tey do instructions and 5 minutes warnin trou speakers..lol...wo ave a bad enlis accent..

but its different in december. its not @ yonsei. its @ duk sun univ.

anyone at bundung?
a day before te exam, I went into a coffee stop...and wow...i saw 4~6 ppl studyin for te lsat
it was funny. lol
Last edited by yoojin0319 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

yoojin0319
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:17 pm

Re: anyone studying lsat in south korea?

Postby yoojin0319 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:51 pm

motiontodismiss wrote:
odoylerules wrote:yeah, a cancel never feels good. It is however, much better than not cancelling. I messed up the June test pretty bad, for some reason though, I just couldn't bring myself to cancel. And now I've got a low score following me around. So... cheer up!



Problem is, I have trouble objectively judging this, as I ALWAYS think I fucked up royally, even if I DID feel good about it (if I feel good about it, I'm overconfident, if I feel shitty about it, I'm probably right-Murphy's Law ftw). Then a lot of the time I end up doing just fine (perhaps sometimes not as fine as I want). So how I feel coming out of the test or even a week after is not an accurate indicator of how I do.


me too. I didnt cancel my score. I took lsat so many times it tink it doesnt even matter now.

motiontodismiss
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: anyone studying lsat in south korea?

Postby motiontodismiss » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:54 am

yoojin0319 wrote:(fyi: i ave some words missin in my keyboard...)
I was in room 403 I tink..
we need a study roup!!! I ave te lsat proctor cd lol we sould set up a study room in seoul and practice.................

yonsei was ok.
it was clean. tey do instructions and 5 minutes warnin trou speakers..lol...wo ave a bad enlis accent..

but its different in december. its not @ yonsei. its @ duk sun univ.

anyone at bundung?
a day before te exam, I went into a coffee stop...and wow...i saw 4~6 ppl studyin for te lsat
it was funny. lol


Ugh, I wish I could walk into a starbucks and see 4-6 people studying for the LSAT....I've gotta be the only person within a 100 mile radius of Busan that's studying for the LSAT.

Oh and do they have tables or those horrible fold out desk things that are more like nightstands than actual desks?
Last edited by motiontodismiss on Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

yoojin0319
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:17 pm

Re: anyone studying lsat in south korea?

Postby yoojin0319 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:01 am

u taking the exam in seoul?

motiontodismiss
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: anyone studying lsat in south korea?

Postby motiontodismiss » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:09 am

Why yes, of course. Where else would I fly off to, Japan? :shock: Are you taking the Feb LSAT?

And omg LSAT prep books are so expensive. Just added the 3 Atlas LSAT books to my shopping cart at kyobo.com, and it's like $140 altogether. Ridonculous.

yoojin0319
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:17 pm

Re: anyone studying lsat in south korea?

Postby yoojin0319 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:23 am

why waste so much money?
Korea is a 'copy' world..hahahahah no offense..to my country,,,but,,,u can buy a copy version of bascially ANY lsat book in kang nam.
do some research online. I"m sure there's a place where they sell one from Atlas lsat

yoojin0319
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:17 pm

Re: anyone studying lsat in south korea?

Postby yoojin0319 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:27 am

[quote="motiontodismiss"]Why yes, of course. Where else would I fly off to, Japan? :shock: Are you taking the Feb LSAT?quote]

can't you call lsac and ask if they could open a center at Busan? nope i'm taking the Dec LSAT

motiontodismiss
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: anyone studying lsat in south korea?

Postby motiontodismiss » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:30 am

yoojin0319 wrote:
motiontodismiss wrote:Why yes, of course. Where else would I fly off to, Japan? :shock: Are you taking the Feb LSAT?quote]

can't you call lsac and ask if they could open a center at Busan? nope i'm taking the Dec LSAT


Meh, the airfare's only $130 and they want like $300 to open up an unpublished test center. Besides, I need a vacation from this place. Thought I'd take a day or two off work and spend them at Itaewon.

User avatar
rivermaker
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:16 pm

Re: anyone studying lsat in south korea?

Postby rivermaker » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:09 am

Where is this Duk Sun University? I guess it doesn't matter anymore, but the desks at Yonsei were awesome. Each person got 2 desks to work on. Proctors didn't speak good English, but got the job done. I'm still down for a weekend study group. Been saying this for like 3 months lets get it done.

User avatar
rivermaker
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:16 pm

Re: anyone studying lsat in south korea?

Postby rivermaker » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:20 am

Hey Yoojin how much are these copied books usually? Do you think they have Kaplan mastery?

yoojin0319
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:17 pm

Re: anyone studying lsat in south korea?

Postby yoojin0319 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 am

I'm not really sure about kaplan's books but the bibles were about 15000wonish
and preps are 1500won.
if you can read korean, Min's lsat have some great lsat books with explainations, and Hackers have some great lsat stuff too.
u guys have facebook?
lets keep in touch!!!!

motiontodismiss
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: anyone studying lsat in south korea?

Postby motiontodismiss » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:51 am

Yes. PMing you the link.

I don't know if it's such a good idea to study for the LSAT in Korean though....I'm sticking with English material for now

I guess Kyobo is gonna make 60k won off of me today.

User avatar
rivermaker
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:16 pm

Re: anyone studying lsat in south korea?

Postby rivermaker » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:26 am

thats dirt cheap for the bibles..

motiontodismiss
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: anyone studying lsat in south korea?

Postby motiontodismiss » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:34 am

rivermaker wrote:thats dirt cheap for the bibles..


That's the difference between the Kyobo price and the Amazon price for the Atlas series. The total cost is 160k won.

User avatar
niederbomb
Posts: 962
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:07 pm

Re: anyone studying lsat in south korea?

Postby niederbomb » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:39 am

By the way, for those who took the October test, most of the contents apparently came from the February 2005 LSAT:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Past_LSAT_ ... _2005_LSAT

This test was bracketed by PT 45 (-12 curve) and PT 46 (-9 curve).

I guess there's no way to tell how the Feb curve in recent tests compares to the December and following June curves.

User avatar
odoylerules
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:34 am

Re: anyone studying lsat in south korea?

Postby odoylerules » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:12 am

niederbomb wrote:By the way, for those who took the October test, most of the contents apparently came from the February 2005 LSAT:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Past_LSAT_ ... _2005_LSAT

This test was bracketed by PT 45 (-12 curve) and PT 46 (-9 curve).

I guess there's no way to tell how the Feb curve in recent tests compares to the December and following June curves.


Wow, that looks like the exact same test, same games and reading comp anyway.

User avatar
niederbomb
Posts: 962
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:07 pm

Re: anyone studying lsat in south korea?

Postby niederbomb » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:28 am

A Chinese friend of mine (my boss, actually) gave me a booklet of "undisclosed" February tests from the early 2000's mixed with other, disclosed tests. IT would have been pretty sweet if that had been one of them, but fortunately for the integrity of the LSAT, it wasn't. :P

yoojin0319
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:17 pm

Re: anyone studying lsat in south korea?

Postby yoojin0319 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:40 pm

niederbomb wrote:A Chinese friend of mine (my boss, actually) gave me a booklet of "undisclosed" February tests from the early 2000's mixed with other, disclosed tests. IT would have been pretty sweet if that had been one of them, but fortunately for the integrity of the LSAT, it wasn't. :P

wow where did he get that from!!!

User avatar
niederbomb
Posts: 962
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:07 pm

Re: anyone studying lsat in south korea?

Postby niederbomb » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:08 am

niederbomb wrote:
A Chinese friend of mine (my boss, actually) gave me a booklet of "undisclosed" February tests from the early 2000's mixed with other, disclosed tests. IT would have been pretty sweet if that had been one of them, but fortunately for the integrity of the LSAT, it wasn't.

wow where did he get that from!!!


When it's your boss, you don't typically say, "But it's illegal to have those!"

His son bought it somewhere in Beijing to use. It got him into UBC at least. :lol:

Supremeone
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: anyone studying lsat in south korea?

Postby Supremeone » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:03 am

i didnt know kim jong-il allowed you to take the lsat in korea

yoojin0319
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:17 pm

Re: anyone studying lsat in south korea?

Postby yoojin0319 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:19 am

Supremeone wrote:i didnt know kim jong-il allowed you to take the lsat in korea


its kim jong-eun now. and yupp he's cool.

Colorado10
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:49 pm

Re: anyone studying lsat in south korea?

Postby Colorado10 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:17 am

.
Last edited by Colorado10 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bunbury, Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests