anyone studying lsat in south korea? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
niederbomb

Silver

Re: anyone studying lsat in south korea?

Post by niederbomb » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:53 am

niederbomb wrote:
By the way, for those who took the October test, most of the contents apparently came from the February 2005 LSAT:

--LinkRemoved-- ... _2005_LSAT

This test was bracketed by PT 45 (-12 curve) and PT 46 (-9 curve).

I guess there's no way to tell how the Feb curve in recent tests compares to the December and following June curves.

Uh...I took the October one and it was nothing like the Feb. 2005 one.
Where did you take it? Korea? The test I, and many other people, took had the same RC and same LG as the Feb 2005 test, the LR had the same number of questions for each sections, and the descriptions of difficulty (one hard, one easy) sound similar. Not sure if it's exactly the same...the comparative reading is obviously new, but at least 50% of the content is the same as Feb 2005. No idea about the curve though.

burger lover

New

Post by burger lover » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:04 am

does anyone think this is kind of f-ed? does lsac not realize that we studiers overseas actually go back and do old preptests? not that i can think of any alternative.
i studied here in soko but took the june test in the us because i had to go to a wedding anyway.
i heard that the LG is harder for intl tests but the RC is easier?
although, if they are just recycling old tests, i guess that is not the case?

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:42 am

burger lover wrote:does anyone think this is kind of f-ed? does lsac not realize that we studiers overseas actually go back and do old preptests? not that i can think of any alternative.
i studied here in soko but took the june test in the us because i had to go to a wedding anyway.
i heard that the LG is harder for intl tests but the RC is easier?
although, if they are just recycling old tests, i guess that is not the case?
The February 2005 is undisclosed. Only LSAC has the "exact" copy.

motiontodismiss

Silver

Post by motiontodismiss » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:54 pm

My Atlas LSAT books just arrived in the mail yesterday from amazon. The one I ordered MONDAY MORNING. Still no word from Kyobo, even though it's been a week and a half. Same price (when you account for shipping). As far as I can tell, Kyobo can go to hell.

motiontodismiss

Silver

Post by motiontodismiss » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:20 am

Anybody know a good hotel around Yonsei, say <20 minute walk, that doesn't cost a zillion dollars a night? I could stay at my relatives' place but one of them practically lives in Gimpo and the other also lives pretty far away, and I don't want to have to deal with Seoul traffic, even at 7:30 in the morning. And walking in -5C weather could I guess have the added benefit of waking me up.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

niederbomb

Silver

Post by niederbomb » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:29 pm

Yes, Alpha Guesthouse. It's 40,000 won to have your own room for one night. There were tons of others around Sinchon but I didn't look at the prices.

Look it up on hostelbookers.com.

yoojin0319

New

Post by yoojin0319 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:41 am

niederbomb wrote:Yes, Alpha Guesthouse. It's 40,000 won to have your own room for one night. There were tons of others around Sinchon but I didn't look at the prices.

make sure u tell them it's ONE NIGHT. cos some places charge for 3hrs only. I know someone who had that experience. If u don't want the front office calling you at 2am...make sure you re check...

motiontodismiss

Silver

Post by motiontodismiss » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:44 am

yoojin0319 wrote:
niederbomb wrote:Yes, Alpha Guesthouse. It's 40,000 won to have your own room for one night. There were tons of others around Sinchon but I didn't look at the prices.

make sure u tell them it's ONE NIGHT. cos some places charge for 3hrs only. I know someone who had that experience. If u don't want the front office calling you at 2am...make sure you re check...
That's horrible.

Hostelbookers is actually a lot more helpful than most of the Korean hotel booking websites, AND Yonsei's website (only tells you how to get to campus from Incheon....where do you expect people to sleep? on the streets?). How pathetic is that?

As for hotels, JK House seems to be closer and get better reviews (albeit only one). They say 5 minutes to Yonsei but I'm thinking it's 5 minutes to the front gates and then another 10-15 to the actual building where the LSAT is.

yoojin0319

New

Post by yoojin0319 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:57 pm

motiontodismiss wrote:
yoojin0319 wrote:

That's horrible.

Hostelbookers is actually a lot more helpful than most of the Korean hotel booking websites, AND Yonsei's website (only tells you how to get to campus from Incheon....where do you expect people to sleep? on the streets?). How pathetic is that?

As for hotels, JK House seems to be closer and get better reviews (albeit only one). They say 5 minutes to Yonsei but I'm thinking it's 5 minutes to the front gates and then another 10-15 to the actual building where the LSAT is.

wait a minute..
u taking the DEC LSAT?
that's not @ yonsei isn't it?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

motiontodismiss

Silver

Post by motiontodismiss » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:19 pm

yoojin0319 wrote:
motiontodismiss wrote:
yoojin0319 wrote:

That's horrible.

wait a minute..
u taking the DEC LSAT?
that's not @ yonsei isn't it?
No, february. But I'm just used to booking travel way far in advance.

yoojin0319

New

Post by yoojin0319 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:13 am

can't believe they have the feb lsat in korea this year. I spent at least 2000dollars to take my 09feb lsat.

motiontodismiss

Silver

Post by motiontodismiss » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:35 am

yoojin0319 wrote:can't believe they have the feb lsat in korea this year. I spent at least 2000dollars to take my 09feb lsat.
Where the hell did you go? a weekend in Singapore/Japan shouldn't have cost you more than $1k.

yoojin0319

New

Post by yoojin0319 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:03 am

I don't think there was a Feb lsat in Japan either. I went to the States.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

motiontodismiss

Silver

Post by motiontodismiss » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:27 am

yoojin0319 wrote:I don't think there was a Feb lsat in Japan either. I went to the States.
Ouch. Even so though, a ticket to San Fran on Singapore Airlines would have only cost you like $1k total including tax. For some dates I heard as low as $500....

In other words: you got totally gipped.

yoojin0319

New

Post by yoojin0319 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:36 pm

haha I know. I got there in Jan. Busy time.

rivermaker

Bronze

Post by rivermaker » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:10 pm

good luck to everyone this weekend. If anyone missed the email, test center changed to Yonsei

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”