defer or defer? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
yoiav

Bronze

defer or defer?

Post by yoiav » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:50 pm

i dont plan on going to law school till fall of 2012. is it better to apply now and once i get accepted to then defer or should i wait till next sept. to apply? also, does anybody know what harvard and yales deferment policies are?

dukelawguy144

Bronze

Re: defer or defer?

Post by dukelawguy144 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:51 pm

yoiav wrote:i dont plan on going to law school till fall of 2012. is it better to apply now and once i get accepted to then defer or should i wait till next sept. to apply? also, does anybody know what harvard and yales deferment policies are?
get in and defer. that is what i did with duke. Said some bullshit about needing to work and make some more money (partially true). But in reality, I wanted to enjoy another year partying and living it up in NYC while having the security of a kickass law school to attend when I am ready to actually work

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:53 pm

yoiav wrote:i dont plan on going to law school till fall of 2012. is it better to apply now and once i get accepted to then defer or should i wait till next sept. to apply? also, does anybody know what harvard and yales deferment policies are?
I'd go with the second one.

Seriously though, why not just apply for the year you plan on going? Seems odd to apply two years prior.

yoiav

Bronze

Post by yoiav » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:33 pm

i wasnt sure if the fee waivers last another year. i just took the lsats

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:44 pm

Honestly, I may do the same. As I want to get the application process out of the way and know what i'm doing. Then probably work for a year, save up some money, and have fun, without worrying about where I am going to be the next year. This would be contingent on having an acceptable cycle the first time around.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”