Scrapping l-school altogether?

PishPosh

Scrapping l-school altogether?

Postby PishPosh » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:00 am

I'm just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to me- I first took the LSAT in Dec 08 and got a 157. I wasn't going to bother applying unless I could crack 160...signed up for June 09 and kept postponing until June 10.

I was cracking 160 on my pt's and thought I had it down more than last time. I nonchalantly walked out of there knowing I either did great or horrible. I said- the score will dictate what I do, it's out of my hands, and I'm certainly not retaking under any circumstances. And oh it was bad-- 150! Pitiful. I was shocked, but most of all, I was RELIEVED.

I think this was a great indicator that my heart just was into it--I tried to look over the [many] questions I got wrong and then found I didn't even care or want to look at any of the drivel anymore.

Being a lawyer sounds great on paper--but i realize it's SO not for me. I feel liberated to find something I really enjoy now, even though life probably won't be the linear path I hoped for..I work in the legal field and it's time to get out. I have no passion for any of it. I needed to take it again for closure and I'm so glad I did- Did anyone have a similiar experience?

edinbourgh

Re: Scrapping l-school altogether?

Postby edinbourgh » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:48 pm

I didn't have a similar experience, since I haven't gotten my score yet.
However, I'm doing what you did and setting a minimum score for myself which would dictate whether I go to law school or not.
Regarding your situation, if what you felt was relief at getting the score you got, that might be a strong sign of your real feelings. I also think that you would be the best judge for whether law is right for you or not, and few if any internet posters can help you realize that if you haven't already. Regardless, good luck with everything OP. Hope things work out for you either way.

Postby 09042014 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:09 pm

Good luck man, you are making the right choice.

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:29 pm

I'm 95% sure at this point that I'm not going to law school. I got accepted to Virginia this last cycle and loved the admitted students weekend experience, I was really excited to go. But when the final financial aid package came and I was looking at sticker-price, I decided that it didn't make sense for me. I'm probably going to re-apply this year to some lower-ranked schools, but unless I get something surprising, I think I'm done. I'm applying to the foreign service (state department) and am gonna keep on working as test prep teacher until I get in with them (another 18 months if I'm lucky).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”