Prep burnout Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bmeersma

New

Prep burnout

Post by bmeersma » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:27 am

Hey all,

So I'm brand new to the forum but extremely glad I found it. I registered for the June LSAT in March, and after dealing with 18 semester hours, mono during the entire month of April and beginning of May, AND dealing with LASIK complications, I was finally able to really crack down and study for about 3.5 weeks before the test. Now, I know this is hardly any time, but I was able to consistently score between 162-166 on the PTs (up to two per day) while cramming the LGB. Problem is: as test day neared, my scores and ability to focus dropped, as did my mental stamina. It came as no surprise I bombed the test with a 155 as I felt just burnt out while taking it.

That being said, with over three months to the next LSAT, how many hours/day are you guys studying & prepping and what would you recommend with such a large time frame. I would take a course, but here in Iowa City the only one offered is Kaplan (which I have heard very mixed reviews) so I plan on mastering the PowerScore Bibles which I was only able to speed through before the June test.

I HAVE to get around a 165 to get in to my number one school (Iowa), so any suggestions from recent test takers who scored well will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”