Please give some suggestions on LR testbook

victorlong

Please give some suggestions on LR testbook

Postby victorlong » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:24 pm

My weakness is LR, which takes two sections in the whole test. I have bought and read Powerpoint LR Bible. But I think I need more practices other than reading the book alone. So a book which is full of questions in different categories should be good. Does anyone have some good ideas?

tomwatts

Re: Please give some suggestions on LR testbook

Postby tomwatts » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:57 pm

Get more real LSAT questions. The 10 Actuals series is the best value for that. If you want them grouped by categories, there are various books that do that, but I'm not the one to ask.

harut44

Postby harut44 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:20 pm

If you're having a bit of trouble with LR then I suggest you buy this http://www.cambridgelsat.com/productdet ... stions/336

Attempt those questions and figuring out where you went wrong with your thought processes with answers you got wrong will help you exponentially.

jjlaw

Postby jjlaw » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:13 pm

harut44 wrote:If you're having a bit of trouble with LR then I suggest you buy this http://www.cambridgelsat.com/productdet ... stions/336

Attempt those questions and figuring out where you went wrong with your thought processes with answers you got wrong will help you exponentially.

How are Cambridge LSAT's difficult questions organized? By PT or question type?

Bryan

Postby Bryan » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:24 pm

jjlaw wrote:How are Cambridge LSAT's difficult questions organized? By PT or question type?

They are organized by PT. It draws from 1 to 39, i think. So, around 5 questions from each LR section.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:30 pm

All the Cambridge groupings by type (including the difficult questions grouping) are from approx. PrepTests 1-38 (in some cases, the first few PTs in that range or the last few PTs in that range don't contain a question of a given type).

If you want something you don't have to print out, the Kaplan Mastery Practice book can be a very good value and groups questions of various types by difficulty (available on Amazon). The 2009 edition includes some, but not all, questions from PTs 5-41.

You can also get the Traciela Grouped by Question Type book, which includes every LR question from PTs 1-20.

Audio Technica Guy

Postby Audio Technica Guy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:42 pm

your best bet is to just buy as many real prep tests as you can. I don't like when they pull questions from different sections, because a lot of the mastery is learning how to manage a section.

harut44

Postby harut44 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:07 pm

Audio Technica Guy wrote:your best bet is to just buy as many real prep tests as you can. I don't like when they pull questions from different sections, because a lot of the mastery is learning how to manage a section.

I agree with this but if you're having managing one particular question, in this case LR, then you should devote some portion of time on those specific questions.

Once you've formulated a specific method of attacking troubled grouping of sections (LR) then you can, with a little more ease, start studying with PT.

Audio Technica Guy

Postby Audio Technica Guy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:11 pm

harut44 wrote:
Audio Technica Guy wrote:your best bet is to just buy as many real prep tests as you can. I don't like when they pull questions from different sections, because a lot of the mastery is learning how to manage a section.

I agree with this but if you're having managing one particular question, in this case LR, then you should devote some portion of time on those specific questions.

Once you've formulated a specific method of attacking troubled grouping of sections (LR) then you can, with a little more ease, start studying with PT.

Yeah, I mostly agree here. What I advocate is a class or tutoring, but if you can't do that, then buy a book that gives you the strategy, but then just take some of the oldest tests and identify those questions and practice the strategies on those questions.

A class is great because they do all this work for you and you have real questions.

harut44

Postby harut44 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:16 pm

Audio Technica Guy wrote:
harut44 wrote:

Yeah, I mostly agree here. What I advocate is a class or tutoring, but if you can't do that, then buy a book that gives you the strategy, but then just take some of the oldest tests and identify those questions and practice the strategies on those questions.

A class is great because they do all this work for you and you have real questions.

"A class or tutoring" says the guy who works for a test prep company. LMAO I'm jk :P

Audio Technica Guy

Postby Audio Technica Guy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:23 pm

harut44 wrote:
Audio Technica Guy wrote:
harut44 wrote:

"A class or tutoring" says the guy who works for a test prep company. LMAO I'm jk :P

The response is most vulnerable to criticism on the grounds that:

A) The respondent addresses only a possible source of bias, without addressing the argument at hand

:D

harut44

Postby harut44 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:23 pm

"A class or tutoring" says the guy who works for a test prep company. LMAO I'm jk :P[/quote]

The response is most vulnerable to criticism on the grounds that:

A) The respondent addresses only a possible source of bias, without addressing the argument at hand

:D[/quote]

I lol'd loudly dude. You're awesome.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”