Bombed-help advice

GratefulDead

Bombed-help advice

Postby GratefulDead » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:14 am

hey guys, looking for some help for Oct 2010. I was averaging around low 170's on a bunch of PT's the 6-8 weeks before June 2010. Ended up with a miserable 162, which is basically my diag score. I signed up for Oct, and probably won't be attending next year because I want to apply first day of applications. My GPA is 3.9 (LSAC) and I know I can't waste it on a 162. I was wondering what I should do to prep for a retake or how to prevent this choke performance from occuring again. I plan on re-reading LG and LR Bibles and taking notes. Then I plan to start PTing again, which I had been doing with 5 sections and making my lowest sections be the ones that count. I don't know what else I should do though to score where I should be. Advice Please! I need to avoid a June 2010 repeat in October!

AsylumPB

Re: Bombed-help advice

Postby AsylumPB » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:04 am

Look up pithypikes guide to the LSAT. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41657

GratefulDead

Postby GratefulDead » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:40 pm

Bump me please, 130 views and only 1 responde =(

Hey-O

Postby Hey-O » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:45 pm

GratefulDead wrote:Bump me please, 130 views and only 1 responde =(

That is because it was the correct response. Additionally, though, I would recommend not waiting out a whole year. I applied off a December LSAT and had a very successful cycle.

If you apply early and then get a higher LSAT from the October exam then you won't get any different results if you apply next year with that LSAT. Most schools will wait to see your October result before they look at your application, but having your application in early makes a big difference.

jackalope11

Postby jackalope11 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:49 pm

Hey-O wrote:
GratefulDead wrote:Bump me please, 130 views and only 1 responde =(

That is because it was the correct response. Additionally, though, I would recommend not waiting out a whole year. I applied off a December LSAT and had a very successful cycle.

If you apply early and then get a higher LSAT from the October exam then you won't get any different results if you apply next year with that LSAT. Most schools will wait to see your October result before they look at your application, but having your application in early makes a big difference.

+1

Had almost the exact same thing happen to me, though my LSAT was a 161 and my GPA was not nearly as good as yours. I can tell you for sure that, if you take the October test, then you can still have all of your apps. in by Thanksgiving, which will still be considered early.

Good luck!

NonTradHealthLaw

Postby NonTradHealthLaw » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:53 pm

Considering your averages, it looks as if test day anxiety may have gotten you, whether you (and me) felt it or not. As people have suggested in other threads, there are some possibilities worth exploring:

1. Do PTs with <35 minutes on the clock - use your LSAT clock rather than anything unusable on test day
2. Redo previously done PTs with the goal of a perfect score - not a 180, but perfect
3. Teach LR to someone else - can't fake it if you're teaching it - alternatively, study out loud
4. Add an exercise routine to your study routine to build overall endurance
5. Explore prescription sleep aids if this was problematic
6. Log everything, including the number of the question missed; by logging and plotting on a graph you can see if there are any visual trends to your lapses

Maybe some of these will help, maybe not, but if you're like me, there's no way in hell a 3rd sitting is going to happen.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”