How getting a 145 on my LSAT is going to change my life. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
SwollenMonkey

Silver

Re: How getting a 145 on my LSAT is going to change my life.

Post by SwollenMonkey » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:39 am

Oblivion_08 wrote:
SwollenMonkey wrote:
Oblivion_08 wrote:After scoring in the low 150's I went into the June 7 LSAT wanting a 153 or 154 to squeak me into Southwestern Law. Today I signed up for a Testmasters course(80 hours) compared to my 30 hour Kaplan class(never take Kaplan..I beg you people). I am now aiming for a 167 to get into USC/Pepperdine/UCLA/Loyola. This is going to change my life...I got a 145 and I was in utter shock. I scored 47/99. I NEVER got that before. I usually hit 58-62...this score might look bad..but a much better score will look even better. The improvement should hopefully turn schools on and let me in.

Thanks for reading my story! GET MOTIVATED PEOPLE!
For some reason, I suspect your are AA. Is this true?
If it is, you only need to score above 158 to gain free rides to a lot of schools. If you re-take and score 167 or above, apply to HYS and enjoy the scholly money.

What's AA?
With a 145, you'd be competitive for Southwestern's part-time program if you apply early.
AA = URM = White Guilt = Not having to score as high on the LSAT as other candidates to get into law school = African American.

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:39 am

LOL at Obama analogizing. DF was right on the money.

SwollenMonkey

Silver

Post by SwollenMonkey » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:46 am

Oblivion_08 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
Oblivion_08 wrote:What the fuck is an AA??
African-American. No idea why he thinks you are one.
I am an African-American..one that knows Armenian/Turkish/English fluently. There is only one of my kind.
I am an African-American..one that knows Armenian/Turkish/English fluently.There is only one of my kind.
FTFY.

On the LSAT and your law school applications, you place a check mark or an "X" on the box labeled "African-American".

Who cares that you can order food in Glendale, Ca. and Hollywood, Ca.
Last edited by SwollenMonkey on Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

SwollenMonkey

Silver

Post by SwollenMonkey » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:53 am

Thirteen wrote:
SwollenMonkey wrote:
If it is, you only need to score above 158 to gain free rides to a lot of schools. If you re-take and score 167 or above, apply to HYS and enjoy the scholly money.

With a 145, you'd be competitive for Southwestern's part-time program if you apply early.
DELETED
I'll see your Asians and raise you some sushi!
On second thought, screw Asian food! Take this!
DELETED

cubswin

Silver

Post by cubswin » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:57 pm

Hey-O wrote:
let/them/eat/cake wrote:
Hey-O wrote:Don't take the jerks personally. I don't know why, but there are a lot of smart people on this site who have lots of posts and they get their kicks by being cruel to complete strangers who are new to the site. My first post I was called a c*** for no reason.
I like your post. Your just saying that you're motivated by a 145 to score in the 160s. It is definitely possible. In between shitting on you people have offered great advice. Read the LG and LR bibles. Use Pithypikes guide. Do Kaplan if you want, but don't count on the class to do all the work for you. Study on your own as well. Good luck.
i laughed pretty GD hard when i read this just now. thx for that.
Yeah, it was the first reply to my very first post.
Hahahaha man that is awesome. It was so out of nowhere.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Oblivion_08

Bronze

Post by Oblivion_08 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:54 am

SwollenMonkey wrote:
Oblivion_08 wrote:
SwollenMonkey wrote:
Oblivion_08 wrote:After scoring in the low 150's I went into the June 7 LSAT wanting a 153 or 154 to squeak me into Southwestern Law. Today I signed up for a Testmasters course(80 hours) compared to my 30 hour Kaplan class(never take Kaplan..I beg you people). I am now aiming for a 167 to get into USC/Pepperdine/UCLA/Loyola. This is going to change my life...I got a 145 and I was in utter shock. I scored 47/99. I NEVER got that before. I usually hit 58-62...this score might look bad..but a much better score will look even better. The improvement should hopefully turn schools on and let me in.

Thanks for reading my story! GET MOTIVATED PEOPLE!

It was sarcasm...I'm Armenian buddy, not African.

What's AA?
AA = URM = White Guilt = Not having to score as high on the LSAT as other candidates to get into law school = African American.

artichoke

Silver

Post by artichoke » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:56 am

cubswin wrote:
Hey-O wrote:
let/them/eat/cake wrote:
Hey-O wrote:Don't take the jerks personally. I don't know why, but there are a lot of smart people on this site who have lots of posts and they get their kicks by being cruel to complete strangers who are new to the site. My first post I was called a c*** for no reason.
I like your post. Your just saying that you're motivated by a 145 to score in the 160s. It is definitely possible. In between shitting on you people have offered great advice. Read the LG and LR bibles. Use Pithypikes guide. Do Kaplan if you want, but don't count on the class to do all the work for you. Study on your own as well. Good luck.
i laughed pretty GD hard when i read this just now. thx for that.
Yeah, it was the first reply to my very first post.
Hahahaha man that is awesome. It was so out of nowhere.
aaahaha, that's pretty good. Though personally I haven't really encountered a lot of hostility on this site...

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:31 am

Oblivion_08 wrote: There was a 0 percent chance a black man would be president up until Obama.
Oblivion_08 wrote:
You are becoming lawyers, not statisticians..let me do me
awesome.

blackwater88

Bronze

Post by blackwater88 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:00 am

Veyron wrote:
KibblesAndVick wrote:
Oblivion_08 wrote:Yeah because the LSAT is an indicator of how good my reading skills are. I am proficient in three languages, I can read write and speak fluently in all three. English being my strongest. Get your head out of your ass and go troll somewhere else.
Como se llama "Terrible test taking skills will lead to you getting me my coffee so you can pay the monthly interest on your debt" en Espanol?
1st, its dice, not llama, 2nd. Abilidades horrible en examines llevara a usted me consiguiendo mi cafe tan pude parger el interes mensual en su deuda.
hahaha
fucking idiot, se escribe "Tu horrible aprovechamiento en examenes estandarizados, tendra como resultado que me prepares mi cafe para que puedas pagar el interes mensual en tu deuda".

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TheTopBloke

Bronze

Post by TheTopBloke » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:09 am

sluguy14 wrote:
hiromoto45 wrote:
Veyron wrote: To then have someone have the gall to presume that his 145 means that he can be a successful lawyer undermines what the legal community believes in
The LSAT doesn't have predictive power on how successful someone will be as lawyer.
No, but it definitely raises a few eyebrows at the extremes. The LSAT tests some of the basic skills used in law: reading comprehension, logic, reasoning. And more than that, it offers a glimpse of an individual's intelligence and work ethic. So while there's very little (if any) direct correlation between LSAT score and law school performance, an unusually low or unusually high score might say something about that individual's potential to successfully practice law.
How does it give a glimpse of an individual's intelligence and work ethic?

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:03 pm

blackwater88 wrote:
Veyron wrote:
KibblesAndVick wrote:
Oblivion_08 wrote:Yeah because the LSAT is an indicator of how good my reading skills are. I am proficient in three languages, I can read write and speak fluently in all three. English being my strongest. Get your head out of your ass and go troll somewhere else.
Como se llama "Terrible test taking skills will lead to you getting me my coffee so you can pay the monthly interest on your debt" en Espanol?
1st, its dice, not llama, 2nd. Abilidades horrible en examines llevara a usted me consiguiendo mi cafe tan pude parger el interes mensual en su deuda.
hahaha
fucking idiot, se escribe "Tu horrible aprovechamiento en examenes estandarizados, tendra como resultado que me prepares mi cafe para que puedas pagar el interes mensual en tu deuda".
No, dood, that would mean: Your horrible improvement (as opposed to innate abilities) on standardized tests is going to result in you making (as opposed to getting me) my coffee so that you can pay the monthly interest on your debt. Close to what I said but not as accurate - enjoy being 2nd rate 4 life.

Lisa7n99

New

Post by Lisa7n99 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:08 pm

Aim as high as you can. Identify your weaknesses and work to fix those, even if that means taking time off and applying later. I raised my LSAT score 14 points using this strategy so I speak from experience that it can done. The work I put in was well worth it.

Lisa7n99

New

Post by Lisa7n99 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:10 pm

ps; i found those prep classes (took a few short ones) to be an incredible waste of money, but that was only my experience

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

blackwater88

Bronze

Post by blackwater88 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:42 pm

Veyron wrote:
No, dood, that would mean: Your horrible improvement (as opposed to innate abilities) on standardized tests is going to result in you making (as opposed to getting me) my coffee so that you can pay the monthly interest on your debt. Close to what I said but not as accurate - enjoy being 2nd rate 4 life.
uh no
aprovechamiento literally means performance, but in Spanish sounds better than "habilidades". Preparar sounds better than traer and more demeaning, which was the intent of the OP. If you translated that into Spanish literally it would sound off.

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:49 pm

This thread might have worked had OP started it after successfully raising his LSAT score (in which case it might have read: 'how getting a 145 on my LSAT changed my life). As it is, it provides nothing but fodder for mockery.

That said, OP should still use it for the best by deriving motivation from the collective scorn he has been showered with.

Oblivion_08

Bronze

Post by Oblivion_08 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:20 pm

dresden doll wrote:This thread might have worked had OP started it after successfully raising his LSAT score (in which case it might have read: 'how getting a 145 on my LSAT changed my life). As it is, it provides nothing but fodder for mockery.

That said, OP should still use it for the best by deriving motivation from the collective scorn he has been showered with.

I have nothing to prove to these people. Honestly it doesn't matter to me what a bunch of stuck up people have to say to me. I'm not going to make Antibes coffee just because I did bad on my LSAT there are other professions out there. Fuck if I care what you peope think I just wanted to share my story to help people out and get on my level.

blackwater88

Bronze

Post by blackwater88 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:22 pm

Oblivion_08 wrote:
dresden doll wrote:This thread might have worked had OP started it after successfully raising his LSAT score (in which case it might have read: 'how getting a 145 on my LSAT changed my life). As it is, it provides nothing but fodder for mockery.

I have nothing to prove to these people. Honestly it doesn't matter to me what a bunch of stuck up people have to say to me. I'm not going to make Antibes coffee just because I did bad on my LSAT there are other professions out there. Fuck if I care what you peope think I just wanted to share my story to help people out and get on my level.
Why do you insist on responding to this thread? I thought you were gonna let it die...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:24 pm

Oblivion_08 wrote:

No, your going to make Antibes coffee because you won't be able to find another job and will need to buy food. And why would people want to get on your level when its so far down there?

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:27 pm

blackwater88 wrote:
Veyron wrote:
uh no
aprovechamiento literally means performance, but in Spanish sounds better than "habilidades". Preparar sounds better than traer and more demeaning, which was the intent of the OP. If you translated that into Spanish literally it would sound off.
aprovechamiento sm
1 (=utilización) use
un mejor aprovechamiento del espacio a better use of space
carbón destinado a su aprovechamiento como combustible coal intended to be used as fuel
un sistema de aprovechamiento del suelo a system of soil exploitation
2 (=provecho)
sigue las asignaturas con aprovechamiento he is progressing in his studies
conseguir o sacar el máximo aprovechamiento de algo to get the maximum use o advantage out of sth, make the most of sth

Want to fight about it?

on 2nd thought, not the best idea to challenge anyone named blackwater to a fight...

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:28 pm

Oblivion_08 wrote:

In the world of LSAT, your respose is known as non sequitur.

No one ever said there aren't other professions out there for you. It has merely been suggested that law might not be for you if you can't do better than that on your LSAT. That point stands.

blackwater88

Bronze

Post by blackwater88 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:44 pm

Veyron wrote:
blackwater88 wrote:
Veyron wrote:
uh no
aprovechamiento sm
1 (=utilización) use
un mejor aprovechamiento del espacio a better use of space
carbón destinado a su aprovechamiento como combustible coal intended to be used as fuel
un sistema de aprovechamiento del suelo a system of soil exploitation
2 (=provecho)
sigue las asignaturas con aprovechamiento he is progressing in his studies
conseguir o sacar el máximo aprovechamiento de algo to get the maximum use o advantage out of sth, make the most of sth

Want to fight about it?

on 2nd thought, not the best idea to challenge anyone named blackwater to a fight...
Aprovechamiento sounds more elegant and conveys the same thing as habilidades, in this instance. Si el aprovechamiento de la persona en un dado examen es pobre, tal palabra se puede sustituir por la palabra habilidades. Saying "tu horrible habilidad para tomar examenes" is not something a native speaker would say in Spanish, it sounds off. Yeah, aprovechamiento can mean progress or use of resources, but like the case of aprovechamiento academico, it can be translated as academic performance.
Last edited by blackwater88 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:45 pm

I <3 the squabble over Spanish. It makes the thread worthwhile.

fenway

Bronze

Post by fenway » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:36 am

Oblivion_08 wrote:

who knew lil scrappy and/or lil Jon would be on TLS?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erhfjpL5Sng

Oblivion_08

Bronze

Post by Oblivion_08 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:37 am

Hey guys, well I took that 145, got a 154. Not the 160 I hoped for, but hey I did the best I can.

My cousin just opened a law firm in Beverly Hills after going to a Tier 4 law school..figures huh?
My other cousin(Pepperdine graduate) is not practicing law, he is now in construction.
My cousins best friend(USC law graduate) is still working at a firm in Los Angeles..

Guess what guys, it doesn't matter if you go to Tier 1 or Tier 4..if you put in hard work you will get to where you want to get to.

I'm waiting for the smug comments..please throw them at me, I'm from Los Angeles, I'm used to snobby assholes.

And I read a couple posts above this, someone made a Glendale Armenian racist joke(typical) get some new material then call me.

P.S. when I said I'm special earlier..I meant it. If you don't think you're special..I give you and your parents my blessings.

=)

harrijust86

Bronze

Post by harrijust86 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:31 am

Oblivion_08 wrote:Hey guys, well I took that 145, got a 154. Not the 160 I hoped for, but hey I did the best I can.

My cousin just opened a law firm in Beverly Hills after going to a Tier 4 law school..figures huh?
My other cousin(Pepperdine graduate) is not practicing law, he is now in construction.
My cousins best friend(USC law graduate) is still working at a firm in Los Angeles..

Guess what guys, it doesn't matter if you go to Tier 1 or Tier 4..if you put in hard work you will get to where you want to get to.

I'm waiting for the smug comments..please throw them at me, I'm from Los Angeles, I'm used to snobby assholes.

And I read a couple posts above this, someone made a Glendale Armenian racist joke(typical) get some new material then call me.

P.S. when I said I'm special earlier..I meant it. If you don't think you're special..I give you and your parents my blessings.

=)
Just read this entire thread. Worth. Best of luck to you Oblivion. I doubt anyone's reaction is going to chage with the new 154, but if you have the confidence go for it. What's the worst that could happen?
Last edited by harrijust86 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”