Suggestions/Strategies for Retaking?

testaker

Suggestions/Strategies for Retaking?

Postby testaker » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:03 am

Hi,

I am unhappy with my June score and am considering retaking in October. However, I am worried that if I just do more of the same my score might not increase. Does anyone have suggestions on how to best prepare/study for a retake? Have people experienced success with retakes just through more hours of practice or through actually changing strategies? I've already seen a lot of real LSAT material and had done probably around 15-20 PTs leading up to June. Oh, and I took Testmasters, although admittedly, as I was a full-time student during the course, I didn't have enough time to dedicate to keeping up with all of the homework.

Thanks in advance!

am060459

Re: Suggestions/Strategies for Retaking?

Postby am060459 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:09 am

testaker wrote:Hi,

I am unhappy with my June score and am considering retaking in October. However, I am worried that if I just do more of the same my score might not increase. Does anyone have suggestions on how to best prepare/study for a retake? Have people experienced success with retakes just through more hours of practice or through actually changing strategies? I've already seen a lot of real LSAT material and had done probably around 15-20 PTs leading up to June. Oh, and I took Testmasters, although admittedly, as I was a full-time student during the course, I didn't have enough time to dedicate to keeping up with all of the homework.

Thanks in advance!

if u have taken 15-20 PTs then u should know ur weakness.

im retaking as well and will work on my weakness (RC/LR) and maintain my strenghts (LG), if not improve it.

edit: also when u get a question wrong or right its important to know why. dont just go over it and say DUH i should of known better.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”