Your LSAT Score vs. Your Initial Diagnostic

User avatar
Emeth!
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:44 am

Re: Your LSAT Score vs. Your Initial Diagnostic

Postby Emeth! » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:34 pm

151.
167ish (in june) 169ish (in october)
160 in june 170 in october.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Your LSAT Score vs. Your Initial Diagnostic

Postby HeavenWood » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:35 pm

BilderMoss wrote:Diagnostic: 176
PT avg: 176-177
Oct LSAT: 172

Yeah I was pretty pissed.


Your diagnostic was 176? My God... what did you major in?

User avatar
dpk711
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Your LSAT Score vs. Your Initial Diagnostic

Postby dpk711 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:36 pm

Anaconda wrote:1) What was your score on your initial diagnostic?

2) What were you getting on preptests?

3) What did you score on the June (or any previous LSAT)?


1) 159
2) Mid 170s
3) 172

User avatar
Shooter
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Your LSAT Score vs. Your Initial Diagnostic

Postby Shooter » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:41 pm

1) 162 (but it was preptest written by Kaplan = not very accurate)
2) 169-175
3) 172

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Your LSAT Score vs. Your Initial Diagnostic

Postby Barbie » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:43 pm

Anaconda wrote:1) What was your score on your initial diagnostic?

2) What were you getting on preptests?

3) What did you score on the June (or any previous LSAT)?


1. 154

2. Took 4 prep tests total (including diagnostic) 154, 156, 158, 163

3. 163

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Your LSAT Score vs. Your Initial Diagnostic

Postby krad » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:48 pm

Diag. = 160
Took 15 PT's, Avg. = 167
Oct LSAT = 168 :)

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Your LSAT Score vs. Your Initial Diagnostic

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:50 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
BilderMoss wrote:Diagnostic: 176
PT avg: 176-177
Oct LSAT: 172

Yeah I was pretty pissed.


Your diagnostic was 176? My God... what did you major in?


this person clearly was one who studied before taking his/her first PT

thegrayman
Posts: 498
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: Your LSAT Score vs. Your Initial Diagnostic

Postby thegrayman » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:35 pm

.
Last edited by thegrayman on Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Your LSAT Score vs. Your Initial Diagnostic

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:37 pm

Diagnostic: 160
PT range: 177-180
Oct LSAT: 179

I really believe that with enough study, you can improve 20 points.

legalmindedfella
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Your LSAT Score vs. Your Initial Diagnostic

Postby legalmindedfella » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:37 pm

First diagnostic, August 2009: 169.
Took a couple practices after, didn't study for eight months.
Second "diagnostic," September 2010: 178.
Practice tests: 175-178
Actual October 2010: 173.

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Your LSAT Score vs. Your Initial Diagnostic

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:39 pm

Were all of these diags with NO study whatsoever? I took one when I was a freshman in college and got almost everything wrong on LG...
I don't see how anyone could get a 17anything on a diagnostic.

User avatar
coolgreen42
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: Your LSAT Score vs. Your Initial Diagnostic

Postby coolgreen42 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:42 pm

1) What was your score on your initial diagnostic? 166

2) What were you getting on preptests? ~171

3) What did you score on the June (or any previous LSAT)? 172

legalmindedfella
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Your LSAT Score vs. Your Initial Diagnostic

Postby legalmindedfella » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:54 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:Were all of these diags with NO study whatsoever? I took one when I was a freshman in college and got almost everything wrong on LG...
I don't see how anyone could get a 17anything on a diagnostic.


The first one I took, I quite literally didn't know the format of the test. Just took it.

Second one, there was zero study - just the three total practice tests I had taken in late 2009.

Not really sure what the lesson here is.

motiontodismiss
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: Your LSAT Score vs. Your Initial Diagnostic

Postby motiontodismiss » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:23 pm

BilderMoss wrote:Diagnostic: 176
PT avg: 176-177
Oct LSAT: 172

Yeah I was pretty pissed.


I. Hate. You.

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Your LSAT Score vs. Your Initial Diagnostic

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:30 pm

legalmindedfella wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote:Were all of these diags with NO study whatsoever? I took one when I was a freshman in college and got almost everything wrong on LG...
I don't see how anyone could get a 17anything on a diagnostic.


The first one I took, I quite literally didn't know the format of the test. Just took it.

Second one, there was zero study - just the three total practice tests I had taken in late 2009.

Not really sure what the lesson here is.



I dont' understand you, since you didn't list your scores...
did you get a 170+ on your first diag.?

I may be underestimating my first diag., since it was so long ago, but I'm pretty sure I thought logic games were ridiculously weird, since I'd never seen one before, and I got a bunch wrong + ran out of time (on LG and RC)... I think I must have gotten btw 160-165.... I'm impressed if you got a 170+... I just don't get how.

cjr1988
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:53 pm

Re: Your LSAT Score vs. Your Initial Diagnostic

Postby cjr1988 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:33 pm

Anaconda wrote:1) What was your score on your initial diagnostic?

2) What were you getting on preptests?

3) What did you score on the June (or any previous LSAT)?



1) 155

2) 168- 175 (averaging about 172)

3) 170 in October

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: Your LSAT Score vs. Your Initial Diagnostic

Postby paratactical » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:35 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:I may be underestimating my first diag., since it was so long ago, but I'm pretty sure I thought logic games were ridiculously weird, since I'd never seen one before, and I got a bunch wrong + ran out of time (on LG and RC)... I think I must have gotten btw 160-165.... I'm impressed if you got a 170+... I just don't get how.

I didn't get a 170+ cold, but I got pretty high and I missed 5 or 6 on my first LG section. But I had seen a ton of these kinds of puzzles before because I loved puzzles as a kid and did them all the time.

thegor1987
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:00 pm

Re: Your LSAT Score vs. Your Initial Diagnostic

Postby thegor1987 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:36 pm

140 diagnostic,

160 actual.

TheTallOne0602
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Your LSAT Score vs. Your Initial Diagnostic

Postby TheTallOne0602 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:38 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
BilderMoss wrote:Diagnostic: 176
PT avg: 176-177
Oct LSAT: 172

Yeah I was pretty pissed.


Your diagnostic was 176? My God... what did you major in?


this person clearly was one who studied before taking his/her first PT


Nah. My diagnostic was a 178. I averaged 178s. I got a 178. It happens.

User avatar
Ginj
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:53 am

Re: Your LSAT Score vs. Your Initial Diagnostic

Postby Ginj » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:40 pm

TheTallOne0602 wrote:Nah. My diagnostic was a 178. I averaged 178s. I got a 178. It happens.



Angry jealous face

User avatar
cortnf
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:13 pm

Re: Your LSAT Score vs. Your Initial Diagnostic

Postby cortnf » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:41 pm

Diag: 156
PTs: I took about 7, score increased every time, topped out the week before with a 170
Actual Oct 2010: 172

legalmindedfella
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Your LSAT Score vs. Your Initial Diagnostic

Postby legalmindedfella » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:16 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
legalmindedfella wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote:Were all of these diags with NO study whatsoever? I took one when I was a freshman in college and got almost everything wrong on LG...
I don't see how anyone could get a 17anything on a diagnostic.


The first one I took, I quite literally didn't know the format of the test. Just took it.

Second one, there was zero study - just the three total practice tests I had taken in late 2009.

Not really sure what the lesson here is.



I dont' understand you, since you didn't list your scores...
did you get a 170+ on your first diag.?

I may be underestimating my first diag., since it was so long ago, but I'm pretty sure I thought logic games were ridiculously weird, since I'd never seen one before, and I got a bunch wrong + ran out of time (on LG and RC)... I think I must have gotten btw 160-165.... I'm impressed if you got a 170+... I just don't get how.


Sorry. My first diagnostic was a 169. I took two practices in the months after, then didn't do anything for eight months. Then took a practice and got a 178 on it.

All that really matters is the test day score, anyways.

BilderMoss
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:00 am

Re: Your LSAT Score vs. Your Initial Diagnostic

Postby BilderMoss » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:38 pm

To answer your questions ...

I was a journalism major
I did not study/look at a test before my first diagnostic

and before you get angry you should notice that my actual score was lower than my diagnostic which is not really a desirable situation to be in. The worst test in my month of practicing was my real one.

thsmthcrmnl
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:07 am

Re: Your LSAT Score vs. Your Initial Diagnostic

Postby thsmthcrmnl » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:09 pm

Diagnostic: 172
Practice: 177 (range: 172-180, mean: 177.13, median: 178, mode: 180, SD: 2.56 -- go Excel)
Actual: 176

Nonok
Posts: 179
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: Your LSAT Score vs. Your Initial Diagnostic

Postby Nonok » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:11 pm

Diag. = 158
PT Avg. = 172
Oct LSAT = 167 :(




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 4 guests