question

idoubtit
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:22 pm

question

Postby idoubtit » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:07 pm

I got my score and found it ridiculously bad.
But I decided to apply anyway.
my question is: I am gonna retake in Oct.
how about just send my application to schools early and if my score in Oct comes out to be better, I send the new score as supplemental material to the schools I already applied? coz by the time the score comes out, they should not have decided on offers yet.

thanks for your input.

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: question

Postby rman1201 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:09 pm

Just wait. Don't apply with the current score and risk getting rejected, then you're done until next cycle. The benefits of applying early are miniscule compared to the benefits of a better LSAT score.

idoubtit
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:22 pm

Re: question

Postby idoubtit » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:11 pm

rman1201 wrote:Just wait. Don't apply with the current score and risk getting rejected, then you're done until next cycle. The benefits of applying early are miniscule compared to the benefits of a better LSAT score.

if they reject you, they reject you really early? even before you can send them the new score at the end of Oct?
thanks.
coz I don't have time to study anymore, I will just go and take the exam without preparation in Oct. No guarantee about the new score.

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: question

Postby rman1201 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:13 pm

If you aren't going to take the retake seriously and study for it then might as well apply now. Unless you have a concrete reason to believe you'll do significantly better, the retake probably won't improve much.

idoubtit
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:22 pm

Re: question

Postby idoubtit » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:16 pm

rman1201 wrote:If you aren't going to take the retake seriously and study for it then might as well apply now. Unless you have a concrete reason to believe you'll do significantly better, the retake probably won't improve much.



that's right, I am really busy with work and don't have time to study. actually it's my retake already . my first score last year is exactly as this new one. I wonder if this record is gonna damage my chance to good schools more than only one 163.

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: question

Postby rman1201 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:32 pm

If you don't study and your past 2 retakes have been exactly the same why in the world would you believe your score would substantially increase? A sudden LSAT revelation the night before? I find it hard to believe you can't chisel in a couple hours a week to study. If you can't, just apply now and don't bother retaking.

idoubtit
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:22 pm

Re: question

Postby idoubtit » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:36 pm

rman1201 wrote:If you don't study and your past 2 retakes have been exactly the same why in the world would you believe your score would substantially increase? A sudden LSAT revelation the night before? I find it hard to believe you can't chisel in a couple hours a week to study. If you can't, just apply now and don't bother retaking.

yea I cannot my job is really demanding and I am wrapping up an important project. working during weekends too. horrible.

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: question

Postby rman1201 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:37 pm

wrapping up a project for the next 3 months?

User avatar
Anaconda
Posts: 610
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: question

Postby Anaconda » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:39 pm

idoubtit wrote:
rman1201 wrote:Just wait. Don't apply with the current score and risk getting rejected, then you're done until next cycle. The benefits of applying early are miniscule compared to the benefits of a better LSAT score.


coz I don't have time to study anymore, I will just go and take the exam without preparation in Oct. No guarantee about the new score.


I think you can pretty much answer your own question.

idoubtit
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:22 pm

Re: question

Postby idoubtit » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:40 pm

rman1201 wrote:wrapping up a project for the next 3 months?

yea pretty much. deadline is killing me:)

idoubtit
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:22 pm

Re: question

Postby idoubtit » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:40 pm

Anaconda wrote:
idoubtit wrote:
rman1201 wrote:Just wait. Don't apply with the current score and risk getting rejected, then you're done until next cycle. The benefits of applying early are miniscule compared to the benefits of a better LSAT score.


coz I don't have time to study anymore, I will just go and take the exam without preparation in Oct. No guarantee about the new score.


I think you can pretty much answer your own question.



I don't know my questions anymore:)

Hey-O
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: question

Postby Hey-O » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:55 pm

rman1201 wrote:Just wait. Don't apply with the current score and risk getting rejected, then you're done until next cycle. The benefits of applying early are miniscule compared to the benefits of a better LSAT score.


I disagree with this. Law School accepts people on a rolling basis, and if you indicate that you are re-taking the LSAT they will wait to make their decision until they get your new score. BUT your application will have been reviewed and complete in front of other people who are applying.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: #gobroncos, Baidu [Spider], bigv, BobBoblaw, BOSStongrl, Instrumental, lagavulinjoe, LarryFlint, Mq666, mrgstephe and 16 guests