Official June 27 2010 LSAT Waiting Thread (overseas takers) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
SentinelsOfEvil

Bronze

Re: Official June 27 2010 LSAT Waiting Thread (overseas takers)

Post by SentinelsOfEvil » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:27 pm

FutureApplicant wrote:
yurishima wrote:I don't really have anything useful to contribute... I'm just waiting, too, and thought I would join the club!
Waiting as well.
am waiting as well...
hemm wrote:As far the curve, who knows? I'm guessing -10.
this might be a silly question, but what exactly does -10 signify here? 10 mistakes get you a score of?

yurishima

New

Post by yurishima » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:06 pm

SentinelsOfEvil wrote: this might be a silly question, but what exactly does -10 signify here? 10 mistakes get you a score of?
I'm pretty sure it's a 170. That seems a bit weak, though... I talked to a lot of people who really struggled with the games. I'll one up you!: -11.

Justiceinbrothel

New

Post by Justiceinbrothel » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:11 pm

I don't understand wtf these internationals are gonna do with LSAT score? Are they really going to argue with White Men in legal field where 90% of thier grammar and pronounciation will create a comedy in American court room??

pjuls123

New

Post by pjuls123 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:58 pm

Last edited by pjuls123 on Fri May 18, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justiceinbrothel

New

Post by Justiceinbrothel » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:20 pm

pjuls123 wrote:
Justiceinbrothel wrote:I don't understand wtf these internationals are gonna do with LSAT score? Are they really going to argue with White Men in legal field where 90% of thier grammar and pronounciation will create a comedy in American court room??
Um...haven't you considered that maybe, just maybe, English is the first language for a lot of international students too? Your nationality depends on where you were born and simply where you got your citizenship, not on your English proficiency. Also, there are those of us who come from other English-speaking countries like Australia, New Zealand and Britain.

Anyway, why do you care? International students are a different applicant pool from U.S residents, so the fact that we also took the LSAT and are applying to law schools shouldn't matter to you. :roll:

I do care because Cravath, Swaine & Moore never hired a diversity attorney to approve timesheets of 100 hr a week @ 300$ an hour. I don't think they even hire vinegars then forget about Internationals. Only white boy.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

yurishima

New

Post by yurishima » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:25 pm

Justiceinbrothel wrote:
pjuls123 wrote:
Justiceinbrothel wrote:I don't understand wtf these internationals are gonna do with LSAT score? Are they really going to argue with White Men in legal field where 90% of thier grammar and pronounciation will create a comedy in American court room??
In going against all logic and assuming that this post is sincere and not a flame, I will enter the ring. My first strike: of the test takers at my location (Tokyo), only maybe five or so out of 25 seemed to be native Asians. I think that the overseas LSAT is as much, if not more for English-speakers who happen to be overseas as it is for foreigners.

PLATONiC

Bronze

Post by PLATONiC » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:27 pm

The experimental RC was cake; I thought it was the real one, until I got another RC after the break. It made. my. heart. sink. It was harder.

SentinelsOfEvil

Bronze

Post by SentinelsOfEvil » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:31 pm

First and foremost, quite a few corporate lawyers can go through their careers without ever needing to go to court... Second, accents can be learnt... And third, have you considered the possibility that some of "their" grammar and "pronunciation" might be better than yours?
Last edited by SentinelsOfEvil on Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PLATONiC

Bronze

Post by PLATONiC » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:40 pm

You, Justiceinbrothel, are stupid.
SentinelsOfEvil wrote:
First and foremost, quite a few corporate lawyers can go through their careers without ever needing to go to court... Second, accents can be learnt... And third, have you considered the possibility that some of "their" grammar and "pronunciation" may be better than yours?
+1 It's not just the spelling error, but he definitely made some article errors throughout his sentences.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Justiceinbrothel

New

Post by Justiceinbrothel » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:42 pm

SentinelsOfEvil wrote:
First and foremost, quite a few corporate lawyers can go through their careers without ever needing to go to court... Second, accents can be learnt... And third, have you considered the possibility that some of "their" grammar and "pronunciation" might be better than yours?

That doesn't matter especially on forums but the point is that do America need corporate attorney who will sit in corner without speaking anything? So basically you are saying that china man will speak like a white men and prove a good attorney or bloody Korean will use American slangs? Will that really work?

PLATONiC

Bronze

Post by PLATONiC » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:57 pm

Justiceinbrothel wrote:
SentinelsOfEvil wrote:

That doesn't matter especially on forums but the point is that do America need corporate attorney who will sit in corner without speaking anything? So basically you are saying that china man will speak like a white men and prove a good attorney or bloody Korean will use American slangs? Will that really work?
You, Justiceinbrothel, are, once again, very stupid.

Where in the world are you getting this idea that us "internationals" will be incapable of articulating our position (with proper grammar and pronunciation) in court under the presence of "White Men"? As a matter of fact, I, unlike you, Justiceinbrothel, speak and write English far more effectively than the average "White Man," and I wouldn't doubt that such is also the case for numerous other "internationals."

Stupid, so very stupid.

Justiceinbrothel

New

Post by Justiceinbrothel » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:07 pm

That will make your case more vulnerable because this is not how law student or law school aspirant should proove anything.

mottainai

Bronze

Post by mottainai » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:15 pm

Let's not feed the troll, guys.

I got an experimental RC too and was hoping that it was the real thing...stupid floods. Screwed up the third LG as well - the actors/actresses one.

If I had to guess a curve, -12 or -11? Felt harder than PT 59, but that might have been the nerves.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

PLATONiC

Bronze

Post by PLATONiC » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:16 pm

You know very little about law school and legal careers if all you're emphasizing about corporate lawyers is "arguing in court with White Men."
Justiceinbrothel wrote:That will make your case more vulnerable because this is not how law student or law school aspirant should proove anything.
This statement just doesn't make any sense. How should law school aspirants proooove anything? By closeting ourselves as racist and condescending international-student-haters while making grossly unsubstantiated claims filled with grammatical and spelling errors? Please explain.

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:46 pm

mottainai wrote:Let's not feed the troll, guys.
PLATONiC wrote:The experimental RC was cake; I thought it was the real one, until I got another RC after the break. It made. my. heart. sink. It was harder.
Same here...
And yep, all we get is our score and percentile. Questions are undisclosed, they don't show us our Scantron card, and we don't get the curve either.
Rumor is LSAT resuses these undisclosed tests... (so, we could have taken the same one that Europe February 2008 took or whatever)... which is why they don't disclose the answers...

hemm wrote: But it's weird because I don't have anything pressing to do now. I want to start my PS but it's not on a strict schedule like the LSAT studying was. I didn't know what to do with myself so I just cleaned my apartment, which is exceedingly lame, I know.
I know, I feel the same way :( I feel like I should be doing a PT right now or something..

PLATONiC

Bronze

Post by PLATONiC » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:52 pm

I'm actually embarking on a brand new project that I had planned while prepping for the LSAT; I'm trying to solidify my knowledge of Chinese characters, and will be testing for a Chinese character license coming this December:D

mottainai

Bronze

Post by mottainai » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:59 pm

I want to study for the JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test), but I'm pretty sure I'm going to retake.

But, it's nice to finally get a break from LSAT related studying.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pjuls123

New

Post by pjuls123 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:37 pm

Last edited by pjuls123 on Fri May 18, 2012 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gschlabach

New

Post by gschlabach » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:09 pm

mottainai wrote:If I had to guess a curve, -12 or -11? Felt harder than PT 59, but that might have been the nerves.
I felt like the RC and LG were somewhat harder than normal but not ridiculously so. I'd guess a -9 to -11, though I would love a -12 or -14, of course.

SentinelsOfEvil

Bronze

Post by SentinelsOfEvil » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:21 am

the test didn't seem much harder than usual to me... fyi, i had the flood plains rc and the actor/actress thing too...

FutureApplicant

New

Post by FutureApplicant » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:53 am

PLATONiC wrote:I'm actually embarking on a brand new project that I had planned while prepping for the LSAT; I'm trying to solidify my knowledge of Chinese characters, and will be testing for a Chinese character license coming this December:D
Same here. I put my Chinese studying on hold for the past four months while I was gearing up for the LSAT, now I'm getting back at the Mandarin. I'd like to take the HSK (Chinese government's standard Mandarin exam) some time before I start law school, but it's a hard test and I have a long way to go.

I also have work teaching English, to put food on the table while I work on the language, lol.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

FutureApplicant

New

Post by FutureApplicant » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:55 am

SentinelsOfEvil wrote:the test didn't seem much harder than usual to me... fyi, i had the flood plains rc and the actor/actress thing too...
I thought both the LG and RC were somewhat harder than "normal," or at least significantly more difficult than some of the easier ones I saw. There were a good number of LG sections on preptests that I was able to finish well under 35 minutes, but the section on test day was tough. Of course that may also have been because of how nervous I was.

neptunestar

New

Post by neptunestar » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:02 am

-14?! Do they even have curves that big?

I thought the June US LSAT with a curve of -12 (with one logic game question removed) is pretty crazy/good curve... Anything on par with that would be sweet

mottainai

Bronze

Post by mottainai » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:08 am

neptunestar wrote:-14?! Do they even have curves that big?

I thought the June US LSAT with a curve of -12 (with one logic game question removed) is pretty crazy/good curve... Anything on par with that would be sweet
PT 59 was -14, if I remember correctly.

PLATONiC

Bronze

Post by PLATONiC » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:59 am

Yes, PT 59 had -14:D

But I honestly don't think that this test will be based on a -14 curve; I'm thinking about -10/-11.

Also, I'm very suspicious of LSAC being less lenient with their curves when it comes to undisclosed tests. They could easily get away with it. But this is just an irrational suspicion:D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”