Powerscore Logic Games Bible

X_Soda

Powerscore Logic Games Bible

Postby X_Soda » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:07 am

I have been reading many people raving about the Powerscore Logic Games Bible. I'm already comfortable with accuracy on logic games, but am looking to improve my timing. I was thinking about investing in this book. However, it probably won't be as worth it as simply taking multiple practice tests unless the book actually offers a large number of practice problems. Is the book comprised mostly of theory and set-ups, or does it have a significant amount of practice problems (ie, worth the $40)? Also, I was toying with the idea of a strategy I use for practicing music and lifting weights: undertaking more challenging tasks to make the task at hand less difficult. Logic games are my weakest link, and I was thinking about applying that strategy to them. Does anyone know where I can find some logic games that are actually more difficult than yet structurally identical to LSAT logic games? Thanks!

glucose101

Re: Powerscore Logic Games Bible

Postby glucose101 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:39 am

If you have your own system of logic, that's great. But, as you even admit, if you need to work on timing, then perhaps the LGB might be beneficial, as it offers a systematic, efficient way of attacking LG questions. It goes through several examples from previously administered exams for each LG type. This is particularly helpful because not all LGs are created equal, and thus faster methods exist for certain LG types.

Obviously past exams would be most conducive in physically tracking your results. So, if you have money, get both!

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:56 am

+1 on everything glucose101 said

X_Soda wrote:Is the book comprised mostly of theory and set-ups

Mostly theory (strategies/techniques), drills, and some real LSAT logic games and explanations for them..

X_Soda wrote:does it have a significant amount of practice problems (ie, worth the $40)

It doesn't have a ton of problems, but it's still worth the $40. The games in it are all from real exams (so you could easily get those games elsewhere), but they're from several different exams.

This means the games in it don't serve as a replacement for actually buying those exams.

The strategies and techniques are the main reason to buy it, not simply for the games themselves. The book can definitely show you ways to improve your timing.

X_Soda wrote:Does anyone know where I can find some logic games that are actually more difficult than yet structurally identical to LSAT logic games?

I've written several Logic Games of my own (LinkRemoved), some of which are tougher than the average Logic Game, yet structurally identical.

djjf39

Postby djjf39 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:57 pm

OP, if you are just looking for more problems, then I would look into the Powerscore Logic Games Bible Workbook. You may get some repeats of past LGs you are already familiar with, but in terms of bang for buck I think the workbook would give you more LGs to practice.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”