A would you reccommend thread.

harut44

A would you reccommend thread.

Postby harut44 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:26 pm

Would you recommend taking a practice test everyday for the month of September leading up to this October's LSAT? Most of them will be timed.

I just want to see if it's beneficial at all to do one daily- based on everyone's experience here.

cao0008

Re: A would you reccommend thread.

Postby cao0008 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:38 pm

I wouldn't recommend it because studying for the LSAT is not about how many times you take the test, but about the time and dedication you put into studying why you got each answer right or wrong. If you take one everyday, you probably won't have enough time to go through each test thoroughly. You should take a test every other day or so and that way you'll have more time to study your answers.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:46 pm

cao0008 wrote:I wouldn't recommend it because studying for the LSAT is not about how many times you take the test, but about the time and dedication you put into studying why you got each answer right or wrong. If you take one everyday, you probably won't have enough time to go through each test thoroughly. You should take a test every other day or so and that way you'll have more time to study your answers.

TITCR. Taking PTs can help build endurance, but that's a skill that builds up very quickly and plateaus. The real benefit from doing PTs comes from identifying where you struggle under realistic conditions, and you need to have time to evaluate and work on improving those problem areas you identify. Doing a PT every day doesn't give you the time to do that, especially since the efficacy of studying peaks around 3-4 hours, so the day you do the PT is not the best day to also try to fit in studying all of your wrong answers, seeing why you go them wrong, practicing on similar questions, etc. Also, doing a PT every day will quickly lead to burnout, which will end up hurting you as your performance will decline just from mental fatigue. I'd recommend something like 5 PTs every two weeks.

harut44

Postby harut44 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:01 am

Thanks a lot guys...I planned on reviewing the mistakes the same day I took the test but having taken a PT yesterday I see it's not feasible. My brain stops retaining information after 38932 hours of LSAT questions.

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:02 am

what they ^ said

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”