not analyzing June test (for re-takers)

BigA

not analyzing June test (for re-takers)

Postby BigA » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:16 pm

Hey. I plan on re-taking the LSAT. I'm thinking the best thing may be to not even look at this June test. Then take it like it's a fresh test right before October AND ANALYZE THE HELL OUT OF IT. Anyone else think it's a good idea?
Last edited by BigA on Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3|ink

Re: not analyzing June test (for re-takers)

Postby 3|ink » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:30 pm

BigA wrote:Hey. I plan on re-taking the LSAT. I'm thinking the best thing may be to not even look at this June test. Then take it like it's a fresh test right before October. Anyone else think it's a good idea?

I think that's a good idea.

BigA

Postby BigA » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:42 pm

Besides, going over all my wrong answers now doesn't seem like fun anyways :mrgreen:

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:45 pm

3|ink wrote:
BigA wrote:Hey. I plan on re-taking the LSAT. I'm thinking the best thing may be to not even look at this June test. Then take it like it's a fresh test right before October. Anyone else think it's a good idea?

I don't. This could lead to a LOT of freaking out if you get mentally stuck on your past mistakes from 4 months previously.

BigA

Postby BigA » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:40 am

Pearalegal wrote:
3|ink wrote:

I don't. This could lead to a LOT of freaking out if you get mentally stuck on your past mistakes from 4 months previously.

hmmn... I see what you mean. However, I'd bet a lot of money that when I re-take this as a PT my score will be higher. I think that would give me a nice confidence boost going in.

goawaybee

Postby goawaybee » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:15 am

My .02

I agree with Pearalegal.

My approach is to review now, get over it and then retake it later on down the road, say 3rd from final PT before oct. all in hopes to avoid any "freak out". I feel like allowing it to sit that long is a dangerous thing, I feel anyone that sat for it and is retesting is obviously going to have a bit of venom coursing through their veins or else we probably wouldn't be retaking.

But whatever works, if you have the confidence and feel it won't twist your head up at all then knock it out towards end of sept.

I just don't like playing with fire, negative association thing.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”